Nobuie Translation Project

Markus

Just sent my $47 dollars ( payment & paypal charge ) for the translation and will buy a colour copy when its ready.

The is the real essence of being a NMB member - its really great seeing everyone club together and help increase our knowledge and reduce costs too !! Well done to all concerned.

Kindest regards

Michael

• Like 1

Just a little update, and reminder * cough*

I have now received about 2/3 of the payments, so for the participants here on NMB who are among the outstanding 1/3, please activate your PayPal or drop me a mail when to expect payment as translation work has already begun. Thank you.

Any NMB members who have not paid yet, please make arrangements to do so, as you will be holding the whole project up.

If you have a problem following through with your commitment, then let me know and we'll work something out. Let's follow through on what is some great support from NMB members. Markus, let me know if any members have not paid in a week or 2?

Brian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Short (or not so short) update on the Nobuie project:

Translation has made much progress in between and I will be soon be able to send over the first part fo my dear proof reader and go then over to layout and so on but which should not take that long. But apart from that, I still have about 10 people on my list who haven't paid the agreed shared translation fee of $45. As mentioned, the finished book will not be made available until all participating parties have paid. To get things going, I would kindly ask the following participants to either fill up their PayPal or get in touch with me for any further questions. Not using this as "publich shaming" and refrain therefore from posting full names but the following gentleman are concerned: Luc, Barrie, Edgar, Stan, Alan, Justin, Ron, Graham, and Ed. No problem, there is still time to work everything out as the translation is not finished yet.

Apart from that, I want to take the opportunity to make another personal announcement. I am mentioning this just once as I don't want to make a big deal out of it and only here because this is more like a "sworn" community than FB. I am struggling with a benign tumor on my spine for a while now, nothing life-threatening but the pain got more and more annoying over the last few months and this is topped by cramps that are the result from sh*tty sitting due to the back pain. Now I got a surgery scheduled for the end of August to get it over with once and for all and getting back to normal. However, those times where I published two books a year are over I guess and some might have realized why also my blog has slowed down recently. So that's why. Really looking forward to fall though...

Get well soon Markus.

If anybody hasn't checked out Markus's site, and all the amazing articles that he has made available there (for free!), you really ought to do yourself a favor and start reading those.

They are a great way to educate yourself on various matters relating to Nihonto.

Markus,

Wishing you all the best and a complete recovery.
Please message me the names, and I'll try and contact them from my side. I'm sure it just slipped their minds.
But any newcomers wanting to get in on this, here is a great chance to get in early.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on the Nobuie project (with some personal stuff first):

I had my surgery on Monday and everything seems fine so far. Lab results are awaited and another CT somewhat later to see if everything keeps growing back but apart from still struggling with sitting for a while, I am ok and I really appreciate all your thoughts!

As for the Nobuie project, translation work has made much progress and the second half needs to be proofread. Apart from that, final layout is outstanding but I got much work done. I will keep you updated of course and I thank you for your patience! Not that I'm years off but still, I don't like being late. In this sense:

I have learned a lesson and note to myself: Do not make anymore promises on deadlines with your previous speed and energy in mind!

Oh, and of all the participants, all but 5 paid, what I consider kind of a good result. No worries, I have sent out mails and messages a while ago so I take that on my tab. I mean, I have realized that with sword and sword fittings-related projects like that, you just have to face a certain "grey zone." I will make use of crowdfunding for certain projects in the future but thinks like the Nobuie project, I want to keep it within "our community" and don't want to pay fees to third parties.

Anyway, I hope y'all still with me and it's going to be a great reference and another, fresh insight into Nobuie.

• Like 7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..