Pp New Pay To Friends Requirement

new to me anyway, you have to enter name sending to and country. Just emails dont work. i buggered up two payments to so now i have two pending withdrawals bank that are to be refunded to me, slowing things down considerably. make matters worse account is limited until  all is received because my cut n paste dropped a letter ....limbo time how low can i go

• Like 1

I avoid F&F now. Will not use it.
I'd rather pay the extra fees. If you use it too many times, or for anything they consider a weapon (knives etc) they will lock your account, and in many cases close your account and hold your funds for 6 months.
They can do that, they aren't a bank, and you can do nothing. Been happening to a lot of people in the knife collecting fraternity.
Avoid F&F, rather use Goods and Services, and at least you have some protection there. F&F offers no buyer protection.

• Like 4

I have a very good experience made with www.transferwise.com

Thats a company from Richard Branson (Virgin). You pay only a little fee for the transfer and they use the daily currancy exchange rate with no fee. 

Very fast and safe and much cheaper than paypal.

• Like 3

For international paypal is good.
For trustable contact, let's say, in Japan, it's valuable, as you pay a very low fee for money transfer, it's immediate and safe, as f&f.
As seller, it's not the same game, more expensive.
Also, one bothering thing, issue we got together Stephen and me, is I completely forgot two things:
-adding fees, I didn't want to add fees in my sale price, as I am considering it's money I am accepting to loose, but I will think about it for now.
-not telling a exchange rate using paypal calculator, by simulating a payment, because the rate is different from one way to another, this is the issue we got, I told a price in USD to help calculating, when he asked me the USD price, using paypal rate we have here (about 1.10$ for 1€), what I forgot, is the rate is different on other side, he paid 1.18$ for 1€, making paying the USD price I was thinking to be right, bu making me losing too much, as I am not fortunated, I had to refund, not possible to loose money for me.
I am sorry for that.

So, I think knowing the paypal too well, it's a good tool, but needs to think twice about how it works.

When a elder ask for best price shipped and you respond $416 you should honor the deal, learn from mistake and make up elsewhere.  I made you a final offer. evidently at the same time you posted here. 

my seller grade stands now as word of caution. I would like to change to be certain of communication on price before completion. I cant now.

• Like 5

Patrice, Paypal ist very creative to take your money.

You pay a exchange rate far over the bank exchange. You get a high fee for sending money. And if you must splitt from Bank and Paypal Account you pay extra fee.

If you choose a normal bank transfer outside EU to another country. You must fill out a form and choose who will pay the fee. Normal is splitt (Seller and Buyer pays the half) but if you trade between members the seller should get his full money he wants. So the buyer pays a lot more. Shipping + Fee + Custom + Tax.

In the end the piece can be so expensive that a buy is far away from make sense. 

Thats my experience.

So i go mostly to buy with transferwise. Why it is so much cheaper? Because the money dont get out of the country. Transferwise has trade banks all over the world in the most countries. You sent the money to the local tradebank. And the target country pays the money from its trade bank to the local bank. Sounds easy? It is easy.

One question to the round. In german law the risk goes to the buyer after sending. If you dont recieve your parcel and the seller has the sending no. You have no chance to get back your money. Is this the same in other countries. Next thing is insurance. If you choose insurance and the piece is more worth than the cover of the insurance than you get nothing in germany.

Is this the same in your country?

Vajo,

Usually, at least in the USA, buyers and sellers are bound by the rules of the website they make the transaction on. So on the major sites, like eBay, Gunbroker, sales made through Paypal etc. etc., the site has a record of the transaction. If the buyer does not received what he paid for, he can submit his complaint with supporting documents and get his money returned. 

Smaller sites are more shaky. Some enforce their rules, others leave it up to the members to resolve thing between themselves (or not). On some places like Craigslist, and in private sales, you are usually ntirely on your own when dealing with problems. Although if you have proof you paid and the seller cannot provide proof of shipping, you can go to court and file a lawsuit. That can be a long and expensive process though, and with no guarantee of success.

As for insurance here, the insurance will pay up to the total the item was insured for, but not anything more. So if you bought a $1,000 sword, but went cheap on the insurance and only bought coverage for $100, and it was lost or damaged in shipping, you could only get the $100 paid in claim.

And the insurer has the right to demand you submit proof of the value you insured the item for. So one would have a pretty hard time getting paid for a claim of $5,000 on a $50 Chinese replica sword made out of stamped sheet metal bought online. 

• Like 1

I have a very good experience made with www.transferwise.com

Thats a company from Richard Branson (Virgin). You pay only a little fee for the transfer and they use the daily currancy exchange rate with no fee. 

Very fast and safe and much cheaper than paypal.

I use them a lot, excellent. I avoid PayPal, I use it only to pay for eBay purchases (small fry).

TRANSFERWISE:     I use them a lot, excellent. I avoid PayPal, I use it only to pay for eBay purchases (small fry).

Transferwise works best with Europe and USA.

Thinking it would also be good for someone I owed money in Japan, I tried it there last year.

Transferwise was trying to use an internal to Japan transfer system. It ended up being a mess.

I got quite the earful from one of our Japan based NMB members on that, with him angry that I hadn't just done a wire transfer.

Best intentions dashed to hell. It put me off Transferwise. I hesitate to use it for Japan.  Great for USA/Europe, but bad for Japan.

• Like 1

Curran,

The Japanese banking system is outdated. But I guess if you get the correct branch cod, account type (futsuu etc) and account number, all should go well. I have done several transfers to Japan, never a problem. It is also important to provide the recipients name in kana.

• Like 1

I bought 2 swords from AOI with Transferwise. But you must fill out the form correctly in case of the postage number and other. I made some mails before with Tsuruta san and it worked perfect. If you use transferwise for a trade between private persons you need the birthday of the reciever. So ask before filling the form  :laughing:

Curran,

The Japanese banking system is outdated. But I guess if you get the correct branch cod, account type (futsuu etc) and account number, all should go well. I have done several transfers to Japan, never a problem. It is also important to provide the recipients name in kana.

Marius,

Yes, all that information was provided. It still bounced twice with little communication.

I wish I had you two to give the same info to the person I was trying to pay. I was trying to move funds quicker and easier for all concerned, but instead came away accused of having left the person high n dry for days just to save a few on transaction costs. It certainly wasn't that way, but I won't use Transferwise again with Japan. It caused embarrassment. Too much threading of the needle.

While I could move much more significant amounts around easily in business, using our commercial bank to do an international wire to Japan is akin to having to having teeth pulled. Yet Transferwise proved worse.

Paypal is a mess.  Christian and I had a problem a while back with their system and what seems to be their own currency exchange rates. He asked for payment of $XX which was sent.  Unfortunately, and through no fault of his or mine, he received less than expected due to the internet bandits known as PP.  

Paypal is a mess.  Christian and I had a problem a while back with their system and what seems to be their own currency exchange rates. He asked for payment of $XX which was sent.  Unfortunately, and through no fault of his or mine, he received less than expected due to the internet bandits known as PP.  

Not a mess. They are shameless crooks abusing their position. Their exchange rates are robbery. 

• Like 3

Not to mention that two cancel payment was still in my bank Monday morning they just had to go to PP to hold four five days. Wonder what interest that gave them for four days ...not much i guess but multiply my million of customers fair amount I think.

Yeah, isn't it odd that they can take money from your account in the blink of an eye, but it takes 4-5 days to return it.

Not a mess. They are shameless crooks abusing their position. Their exchange rates are robbery. 

They remind me of the old Highway Robbers only the new highway is the internet.

• Like 1

4-5 days to return it?
Umm...you know that those who have been found to have over-used the F&F feature or/and used it for knife purchases, had their accounts permanently closed and the funds locked for SIX months before they can withdraw their balance. I know a few who had this happen.
I have to use it, but am under no pretenses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..