Stolen Swords

STOLEN FROM ESSEX UK. Guys I need help. Someone has stolen alot of swords from me. They were going to sell them for me but have done a runner. These would of been sold between Aug 2015 and now or in the near future. They are:
1)Wakizashi 1500 Shiga Seki school Koto Wakizashi NBTHK Hozon
2)Katana 1532 KASHU KATSUIYE NBTHK Hozon
3)katana 1939 Noshu Seki KANETSUNA Saku
4)Wakizashi 1573 Bishu Munehisa - NTHK kanteisho 
5)Wakizashi JYUMYO Wakizashi NBTHK Hozon Token
6:Sabre 1940 KYU-GUNTO Russo-Japanese Style Army Parade Sabre WWII with Surrender label on scabbard
7)Katana 1943 Army Officer's sword - with sword tassel - signed Noshu Mi (or San) Aki. Made in Seki
8)Katana 1945 Army Officer's sword - with sword tassel - signed Yoshichika

I CAN PROVIDE DETAILED PICTURES, MEASUREMENTS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF THESE ITEMS IF REQUIRED.

CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH ANYONE WHO MIGHT COLLECT OR DEAL WITH Japanese SWORDS

12509420_1029289893799749_18046042022625

Hi Guys. I'm Stephen Home. The person who has had his swords stolen. I'm afraid that I can not give the name of the person who took my swords. He has been bailed by the Police in Clacton, Essex, UK and they have asked me not to release his name in case in interferes with their investigation. His house and shop have been searched but my swords are not there. It is believed that he has passed them on to someone to sell or sold them himself. He has also taken about a dozen English swords. Can I please ask for you to keep an eye open for these and if anyone would like a CD giving more sword information and pictures then please let me have your address and I will send you a copy.

CLACTON POLICE IS DEALING WITH THIS AND THEIR CRIME REFERENCE NUMBER IS:

42/11174/16

Your help is very much appreciated.

Domo Arigato Gozaimashita

Hello Stephen, this makes me sick. I really hope they are recovered for you asap. May the piece of garbage get whats coming to him or them. You should be alowed to test them on him starting with his you know what. Anyway all the best with it.

Greg

Hi Stephen, I'm sorry to hear about this and will keep an eye out although I don't visit many of the UK sword shows at present. Hopefully there was a paper correspondents so you'd have firm evidence to take action in the civil courts at the very least. Apart from contacting the Token society and northern Token society I'd suggest the dealers that visit the arms fairs as they travel around the country a lot and are most likely to come across any of them that have been pawned and what not. I hope you are able to recover your swords in a timely manner.

HI Stephen:

I suggest that you ask the Token Society of Great Britain to the information on their web-site. There will be sword show in Tampa Florida in February. Perhaps you can send flyers with information to the person who runs the show and have them at the sign in table. The more people who know about this the better your chances are. You might want to send your list to the editor of the JSSUS. (I hope that you are a member.) 

• Like 1

How terrible!

I shall keep a lookout at the largest online marketplace in Norway, www.finn.no, they have near monopoly here on selling/buying since so big. Slim chance but you never know...

I do hope those swords are recovered....

Hi, Stephen.  A rotten business.  I wish you well in pursuit of your property. 

Like others using this forum, I am alerting anyone I can think of.

One concern I have - if we don't know who the shop owner is who is assisting police with their enquiries, some of us could be transacting business right now with that person, or could be intending to, in ignorance of the claimed circumstances. 

I am not in any way prejudging the matter, but you see the potential problem for collectors who are unaware of the identity of the party allegedly involved in the matter.

And I note that there may be British swords involved, too, which, unfortunately, might more easily end up in the hands of bona fide collectors who will have bought them in ignorance - and who might then have to return them to their lawful owner, losing their money in the process.

I know it's a tricky one, and I don't know the (UK) Law on this one, but is it possible for collectors to have a lawful "heads up" so that they don't end up with further problems connected to this matter?

Best wishes, DM

Hello,

Just newly arrived (inscribed should be more accurate) on this site, and it's the first topic I answer to as it is very important to be informed on such sad events, to get a chance to find them.

I'll get a look around in all places (in my country) in case it could show up, auctions, flea markets, country's website, etc etc. if so, be sure you'll get informed.

Hope you'll get them back.

Denis Naoki Brugerolles  Yamato - Paris

• Like 1

Sad. There ALWAYS seem to be one major thief who plays himself off on unsuspecting people in a WIDE VARIETY of collectibles. Two others I've known afflicted with the same type of cretin are in billiards ( cues ) and firearms, both parts and weapons.

Absolutely disgusting people that do these crimes.

They are well known to LE but usually seem to slip enforcement and incarceration by reimbursement WHEN CAUGHT.

That's the key, however-WHEN CAUGHT!

They get away with their crimes most of the time because a lot of us are embarrassed we let ourselves be swindled and keep silent.

Best of luck on recovery of your items.

At some point he'll pay. I just hope it's long before death!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..