Chicago Sword Show April 28-30, 2023

The Chicago Sword Show is getting close. Make plans now to attend.  The show is in the large Ballroom upstairs so easy access for everyone.  The room will accommodate more tables than we could put downstairs so think about getting a table.

The show website is http://www.chicagoswordshow.com/

The Hyatt is getting full early so if you need a room please book it soon https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHIRW/G-ASIA

With a shinsa being help at the same time it will be busy https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/42836-nthk-npo-shinsa-april-28-29-and-30-chicago/#comment-440734

If anyone has questions you can reach me at chicagoswordshow@gmail.com

Thanks

Mark Jones

• Like 3

I will be attending the show on Friday, April 28, 2023, and Saturday, April 29, 2023. I have already booked my room at the hotel. I am very much looking forward to this show and NTHK-NPO shinsa. Thanks @Mark for posting a reminder.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This show will be in just a few weeks.Anyone looking for anything in particular? If you cannot attend, i would be willing to photo/video items you are looking for, and post to this thread with the sellers information.

So, who is looking for what?

7 hours ago, DTM72 said:

This show will be in just a few weeks.Anyone looking for anything in particular? If you cannot attend, i would be willing to photo/video items you are looking for, and post to this thread with the sellers information.

So, who is looking for what?

You'll see me there with the rest of the Indiana guys! Will be nice to meet some more folk.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, ChrisW said:

You'll see me there with the rest of the Indiana guys! Will be nice to meet some more folk.

I just drove to Indy from South Carolina on Thrusday night. 720 miles in 10 hours, with fuel and pee breaks included. Drove back to SC on Sunday. That drive whoops my tail. Flying to Chicago to save my butt. lol

Look forward to meeting you and the other ITK guys!

Hi I always looking for some parts silver habaki, tachi,kodashi parts I start collecting some military koshirae we kamon and I will like to find some blade to fit on my koshirae I know is hard but best place is on the show any kind of kamon fuchi kashira tsuba set I will arrive at show on Friday afternoon Alaen :

2 minutes ago, Matsunoki said:

You lucky lucky folk. Please post many pics even though they will make us UK dwellers even more envious!

Enjoy.

I got you @Matsunoki. I will be arriving tomorrow at 1:30. I'll snap pics from Thursday to Sunday and post here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Heading to the airport now. Just want to say to the general public that United airlines baggage policy sucks! I'm used to 50 ponds maximum, and pay excessive weight fee, but $100 for 1 pound over!?!?!?! Over size fee is excessive too at another $100. 

OK, rant over. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

DTM72....Dan

• Wow 3

I had the oversized case with the swords weigh-in at 48 lbs. Have a large camo military bag weigh-in at 51 lbs. Lady at the counter was about to charge me $100 for being 1 pound overweight. I pulled out a pair of jeans and and t-shirt and put it into my carry on backpack. Big bag was now 49 pounds.

Like the meme above, what was accomplished? 

Looking forward to tomorrow.

WOW looks like a great show. I made a promise to myself that this would be the year that I would attend this show but again life got in the way. Thank you so much for the Great pictures and updates. Hopefully next year I will be able to post pictures if my own. Thanks again and good luck in your buying, selling and just gathering with new and old friends.   MikeR

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..