English INDEX of Gendai-toko-meikan.

Hi,

I am feeling that i can not easily look up swordsmith name in a [Gengai Toko Meikan](in Japanese) by Ono.

Therefore, it might be more difficult for the English speak person to search for sword-smith names with this book.

So, I am making English INDEX names of the swordsmith by Excel for this Forum Members.

Please tell me, should I also put swordsmith name by Kanji in this INDEX?

Or no Kanji?

post-191-1419678145411_thumb.jpg

post-191-14196781457023_thumb.jpg

Anthony Thomas - who I met once at a Chicago show but have not heard from or of in over 10 years - compiled such an index, which is on Dr. Stein's website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/gtmindex.htm

It is not clear which edition he worked from, and certainly the addition of kanji would be a great help.

Craig

That brings back memories...I spent a lot of time doing the same thing (making an english index for Ono san's book) back when I was in college, about 20 some years ago! That was how I learned most of the kanji for smith names! Not sure what I did with it- I think I sent it to a few people....Once I completed it, I knew the kanji and didn't need it anymore!

I just checked my first edition against the index by Mr Thomas published as a link on Rich Stein's site and it is different...so the Thomas index is the second edition (both published the same year)...same as the index given here by Morita san.

Geo.

Anthony Thomas - who I met once at a Chicago show but have not heard from or of in over 10 years - compiled such an index, which is on Dr. Stein's website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/gtmindex.htm

It is not clear which edition he worked from, and certainly the addition of kanji would be a great help.

Craig

Hi,

Thank you many replies.

OOOHHHH, OMG. I did't know Dr.stein's the link.

Because this link page has no kanji, So i add smith name Kanji to my Excel.

• 5 years later...

Having just received this book (Thanks Stephen!!) I was just wondering if you ever completed the index with the kanji Morita san?

I will be using the one on the JSI for now, but having the kanji would be great, and found this topic when searching the forum. 5 Years later, let's see if there is some news :)

- B -

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..