Show us your nice Gendai blades

IJASWORDS

8 hours ago, Volker62 said:

A beautyful utsushi of Rai Kunimitsu  Kokuho by 3rd Generation  Naohiro , descendant  from Taikai Naotane.

Kudos to a fantastic gendaito, don't see that kind of sugata everyday. Very nice...and rare.  :clap:

3 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Sorry for a side question, but does anyone know why the color reverses at the kissaki?  And it’s not just this blade, it’s very common on many blades.

The Kissaki is polished in a different direction than the rest of the blade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yanagawa's measurements

Nagasa.75,34 cm beautiful shaped (Kaamakura  style) tachi

Motohaba 3,24 cm

Motogasane 0,8cm

sori 3,1 cm tapered with  chu -kissaki

Bohi thats ends in kaku dome at the Habaki Moto

ko.Itame with Ji-Nie Nio-Guchi has Ko-Nie

Sugha with some ko choji with ko- ashi very softly Yo and some kinsuji Kaeri

ko-Maru Boshi

20220822_183352.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Left-facing sauwastika:

" In Hinduism, the right-facing symbol (clockwise) () is called swastika, symbolizing surya ("sun"), prosperity and good luck, while the left-facing symbol (counter-clockwise) () is called sauwastika, symbolising night or tantric aspects of Kali.[1] In Jain symbolism, it represents Suparshvanatha – the seventh of 24 Tirthankaras (spiritual teachers and saviours), while in Buddhist symbolism it represents the auspicious footprints of the Buddha."

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

its silk  old original, due from frequent touching (like patina)

but binding is completely fine

This Tachi survived in excellent original condition, absolut flawless with utsuri....on its blade surface

seems Yasutoshi was a very talented swordsmith, unfortunately passed too early

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Simon R
3 hours ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Gendai from left to right:

Meiji 29 (1896) Yamana Tokiyoshi ordered by Sagawa Akira

Meiji 37 (1904) Bungo Hidenaga

Taisho 4 (1915) Hayama Enshin

Showa 3 (1928) Minamoto Yoshichika Coronation Tachi

20220329_152352.thumb.jpg.c36248c46cd21a76d27cf6a21f59b881.jpg20220329_152912.thumb.jpg.c1f9f998d0804d9abfe3348f7f2e029c.jpg20220329_153332.thumb.jpg.e42e1fd271b506535f89d6d7ba14461f.jpg

I drool at every picture you post, John - I'm starting to feel rather like Pavlov's dog!

BTW, after reading your previous encouraging opinions I was considering putting my Fujiwara Jumyo (probably Kato Jumyo) on this thread but I think the jury is still out about it being a true Gendaito or not. (The NBTHK say it is but they paper Sho-stamped and oil tempered Showato now. The late Yoshikawa-sensei of the NTHK and late Otake-sensei of the Katori Shinto Ryu both thought it Shin-shinto - so, if correct, it wouldn't actually be a Gendaito anyway. So lord only knows what it is.)

I have one to add. It is for sale but still worth a share I think.

Lots of blades by Gassan Sadakatsu have already been presented and I'll add one more, this one in Soshu-den style. The workmanship is reminiscent of a Go Yoshihiro I had the opportunity to study in hand. 

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lucidorise said:

Sadamitsu.

14 minutes ago, lucidorise said:

Sadatsugu

Ronnie, where have you been all my life! Ha!

Seriously, could you post, or at least PM me come clear, closeups of those kao?  I have never recorded a Sadamitsu kakihan, and that's the first Sadamitsu hotstamp I've seen in the wild (my only example is from Slough's book).  Love to add them to the next issue of the Stamps Doc.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the interest. The hot stamp is from the Sadatsugu sword instead of sadamitsu. I was posting 4 swords with back to back pictures. Sorry for the confusion.

Btw, here’s the close up pictures for the sadamitsu piece for your reference 48E5AB23-783A-40FB-B24F-2BFA26009A0A.thumb.jpeg.804615383276c890ac9e6e3e3ee0daa2.jpeg

Ronnie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1