Japanese sword LTD. Had a sword of mine that they were selling on consignment, Now they closed and wont return the sword or respond to my attempts to contact them. :steamed: No Honor at all

Kanesada wak. Given to Ben Kreiser, to sell for 2700 dollars in may of 2012, when mr. Kreiser passsed away , his son said he would return the sword, that was jan. 2013, from that time I have sent over 20 emails and 5 phone calls, All have been ignored. I guess the son hase not inherited his fathers honesty.

Ok..if we are going to down a road like this, then we are going to at least need full details. Your name, their full details, the person you were dealing with...the circumstances of the purchase, how long ago..details of the sword, attempts to contact them, website etc etc.

Otherwise I cannot allow claims like this. With all the proper details we can attempt to see if there is a resolution to this.

Brian

It is with the greatest sadness that we must report the passing of our dearest friend, teacher, owner, operator, and founder of Japanese Swords, Ltd. Benjamin Kreiser, Jr. He passed away on November 25th, 2012, due to ongoing medical complications.

After taking time to evaluate the continuation of Japanese Swords, Ltd., the overwhelming clarity that Ben was and is the heart and soul of this enterprise has lead us to the descide that its legacy should remain with him.

As such, we will no longer be continuing Japanese Swords, Ltd. as a public commericial business.

We would like to thank all of our faithful customers who have continued to support us over these many years. Your patronage and enthusiam never went unnoticed or unappreciated.

Email us at:

kreisersensei@att.net

-or call us at-

1-210-346-1291

-or write us at-

Japanese Swords Ltd.

15127 Spring Mist

San Antonio, TX 78247

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe someone in SA can help out?

With the knowledge that the gentleman in question has passed away, it is very unreasonable to publicly slander his son, especially without disclosing full details.

It is very unfair to state that you have been cheated, given these unfortunate circumstances, as this surely was not anyone's intention.

This is after-all not his son's enterprise and I would assume that he (like most of us) has a busy life of his own and it is doubtful that wrapping up his fathers business venture is his main priority.

More details are required, and I have no doubt that you will receive your sword in due course.

Notlaw (is that your name?)

how about a link or scan or the consignment agreement, is there a link to the item listed for sale? Do you have copies of emails form when you sent it and follow up correspondence? If you are posting here asking for assistance we would need to see the facts of the matter. If it is theft I would think you would contact the police department and file a complaint, they will tell you whose jurisdiction it is. I think there would be a lot of information you could post.

Eugene,

I am sure we all sympathise with your predicament, and if he is ignoring emails and calls, then there is room for concern. It has been 8 months since his father passed?

Have you tried getting hold of the executors of the estate, as the claim will be with them. Also, perhaps someone can provide further contact info, or is near that part of the country and can assist. Let's see what other info you have, and how we can assist.

I had never heard of this dealer before. Did he sell online or from a shop?

Brian

On their sales page you can find comments like:

"It has been recently polished by B&K Firearms (who are also consigning it on their website for sale). Its fold count was determined through an MRI test. "

Well, you certainly do not analyze carbon steel lamination by MRI...

And what kind of quality items are sold by B&K firearms:

http://bandkdivingsystems.com/firearmspage33.htm

:steamed:

Veli

Notlaw (is that your name?)

how about a link or scan or the consignment agreement, is there a link to the item listed for sale? Do you have copies of emails form when you sent it and follow up correspondence? If you are posting here asking for assistance we would need to see the facts of the matter. If it is theft I would think you would contact the police department and file a complaint, they will tell you whose jurisdiction it is. I think there would be a lot of information you could post.

Yes

Eugene

If I have got this right, the son gave you a promise of the swords return. Now for me, I would be mindful that this family has lost the head of their family. The circumstances of his passing could have had a devastating effect.

You use the term ‘cheated’, I can see you are worried, but until you are told, there is no sword return, or no money for you from the sale, then I don't accept you have been cheated. So seriously, I suggest that, as you have made your declaration to this board, that you provide any information asked of you without the run around.

Bear in mind that there could be persons on here, who have access to enquiry lines that you don't. Now do yourself a favour be nice.

Denis.

I didn't want to seem cold, but I agree with Mr.Bowen!

8 months no sword and if you look at the Facebook link where they were

taking donations for the funeral arrangements that would worry me as well...

I would expect a mourning period but business is business.

I feel I should qualify this by saying I'm very jaded :freak:

Seems he has made numerous calls and sent more than enough email...He has been waiting 8 months....How long should he wait until it is reasonable to feel "cheated"?

First off, the promise of return was made in Jan 2013, now by my reckoning 8 months from sometime in January is sometime in August???

What has not been stated is when the return was promised, was it this week, next month, or when the affairs were wound up? This all has a bearing on what constitutes a reasonable time delay.

Also non-answered correspondence does not prove it was sent, or that the correct party received it.

Cheated is a term to cover an attempt to deceive, or practice deceit, especially for ones own gain; to trick or swindle someone, until this is a stated intention, or a provable action, you have not been cheated. You might be frustrated and ignored but it is not the same.

Denis.

If someone, after promising to return my item fails to do so, and ignores my calls and repeated correspondence out over a period of even 6 or 7 months, I would feel cheated. I guess it is a matter of opinion.

Pete's advise is spot on. File a claim against the estate. If you are lucky, they haven't closed probate yet. If they have, you may be out of luck. Check into it now.

I have known Ben for some years before his passing . He seemed an honorable man . I don't know his son very well.

I also had problems with emails and phone calls recently . The previous poster is correct , Get in touch with the probate court clerk and see if there is a hearing set . They are in universal , City Texas.

I wish you luck in getting your sword back . Sincerely ....... James

• 4 weeks later...

It is my understanding the Chris is/was NOT Ben Kreisers business partner.. He had / has no interest in doing Japanese sword restoration. I know this because I am the person that has most of Sensei Kreisers casting equipment and Molds.

I purchased most of Ben's equipment and he left the molds to me.

On that information Notlaw... Did you get your sword back from Chris yet? I don't know him personally and I don't live in San Antonio but I can try to contact him for you.

I will be posting in another thread about trying to repair and preserve his collection of Japanese sword fitting molds

If those interested can check it out.

Brandt

Well, if the son was indeed his business partner then that does change things.

Aaron did manage to recover the parts, but the replicas were unusable:

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showth ... highlight=

What is known about the "Polish koshirae artist" mentioned further down in the above swordforum thread??? A "daisho" tsuba turned up here in Australia some years ago (they were exactly the same size and theme, but the gentleman buyer thought he had a real daisho at about AUD$400, I believe. A nay-sayer told the buyer that they were Polish fakes and could be bought in Poland for $5 (?????)). Same artist, I wonder...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsuba made by a Polish koshirae artist. Quite good too, this is a cascading waterfall done in steel. Acid aged to a deep brown finish, very authentic looking. I love the tsuba but the piece I was going to use it on had the theme changed. Asking what I paid, $140 shipped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

BaZZa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..