50+ Tsuba for sale

Jorgensen

Dear collectors,

I have a large variety of many Tsuba for sale from different schools. Some are signed, others not. 

You can find the catalogue here: http://tsubashi.com/tsuba-catalogue-vol1-web.pdf

Please let me know if you have any questions or like to see additional pictures. I will gladly be at your service.

PDF file is large and may take some time to load.

Kind regards

Jimi-san

Tsuba-dump-03.JPG

Tsuba-dump-01.JPG

Tsuba-dump-02.JPG

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, kissakai said:

Very well laid out and nice tsuba

You have to be quick as as a few had already sold but I have PM'ed an enquiry about two of them

I don't expect a quick reply as something as big as this takes a lot of sorting out.

Thank you for your kind words and PM, I have responded to you

Many of these have museum numbers inside them and seem to have been fairly well preserved for a long time.

I picked up 2 in my primary interest areas of Higo and Owari.

I've got to stop there, but I keep waiting for someone to pick off

JJ0002  =   4th or 5th gen Akasaka of good thickness and condition

JJ0009  =   usual and exceptional mokume gane signed Bushu Akasaka

JJ0010   =   Akasaka or Owari, great condition

That is my honest personal opinion. 

The temptation is fairly strong, and I am glad someone picked off one of the other ones I was eyeing.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:30 AM, Curran said:

Many of these have museum numbers inside them and seem to have been fairly well preserved for a long time.

I picked up 2 in my primary interest areas of Higo and Owari.

I've got to stop there, but I keep waiting for someone to pick off

JJ0002  =   4th or 5th gen Akasaka of good thickness and condition

JJ0009  =   usual and exceptional mokume gane signed Bushu Akasaka

JJ0010   =   Akasaka or Owari, great condition

That is my honest personal opinion. 

The temptation is fairly strong, and I am glad someone picked off one of the other ones I was eyeing.

Curran, thank you very much for sharing your oppinion on these. We discussed some of these Tsuba (amongst others) in our conversations and I highly appreciate your thoughts here as well as our interesting conversations on mail. 

Also I am very exited for the package sent to arrive you to you soon. Its on the way as informed. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Voppip said:

Im new in this but the collection you are selling are juste beautiful 

I couldn't buy any because I don't have the knowledge but I really appreciate all of them 

I wish you a good sell 

Marc. Thank you for your appreciation, its very kind of you. I actually think its the right approach you want to gain knowledge before buying anything and I am sure if you ask the really kind people here, they will be happy to guide you well to buy the right books and answer the questions you may have.

Wish you good luck and a lot of fun in this interesting hobby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just taken delivery of a NBTHK Hozon Akasaka sukashi crane tsuba.  While waiting for the tsuba to arrive Jimi-san sent several emails praising the tsuba.  I thought that he might be just hyping it up a bit.  He wasn't.  Superb tsuba and I'm extremely pleased.  Its text book Akasaka, which is what I was looking for and the iron is great showing the multiple layers of the Akasaka school, plus the tsurumaru design is particularly lovely.  Had a little problem trying to pay by credit card, but PayPal worked OK.

He has several other tsuba that I like the look of, but my collection debt is already rather large and despite holding my breath until I turn purple and stamping my feet etc, my (lovely) wife says no more money for the time being.

Thanks Jimi 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..