Tsuba is missed from 05.April FRA Airport

I missed the following Tsuba.

post-3496-0-04566900-1556816945_thumb.jpg

The way the package made:

April 5, 2019, 10:03 am 
Departed 
FRANKFURT, GERMANY 
Your item departed a transfer airport in FRANKFURT, GERMANY on April 5, 2019 at 10:03 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

April 4, 2019, 7:45 pm 
Departed 
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES 

April 4, 2019, 7:26 am 
Departed 
MIAMI, UNITED STATES 

April 4, 2019, 2:14 am 
Arrived 
MIAMI, UNITED STATES 

April 3, 2019, 6:51 pm 
Processed Through Regional Facility 
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 2, 2019 
In Transit to Next Facility 

March 29, 2019, 6:44 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 

March 29, 2019, 6:44 am 
Arrived at Regional Facility 

March 28, 2019, 5:31 pm 
Departed Post Office 
ORLANDO, FL 32828  

March 28, 2019, 8:39 am 
USPS in possession of item 
ORLANDO, FL 32828  

German customs had no information that the package was going through their hands.

I hope that the package is on deliver with UPS or DHL.

I don’t want to sound pessimistic, Chris, but that tracking info is from USPS. They usually transfer their packages to the local post, not UPS or DHL. I don’t believe it was stolen, but probably lost or forgotten in limbo. But don’t lose hope. Once, the French post lost a small package for me. It even disappeared from their tracking and they could find no trace of it anywhere in their computer base. Then, about a month later, it suddenly reappeared in their database and was delivered. Took two months in all. So I guess it’s just lying somewhere in a warehouse until someone suddenly notices it and reintroduces in the network.

• Like 1

Not to pour gas on the fire but since moving to the US the only complain I have is USPS.. they are abysmal if you are used to a reliable postal service. Employees stealing packages caught on video and not fired.. I always use alternate carriers.

Most likely they have handed over the shipment to German post service, tried calling them and/or input tracking number into Deutsche post's tracking?

Chris,

Perhaps it has been misdirected, give it a little more time before you sink into total despair.  Nice tsuba, hope it shows up soon.

-S-

p.s.-one thing about postal carriers, spin the wheel enough times....and they ALL loose or misplace packages.

Hi Chris,

it´s quite normal that stuff enters a black hole after arriving at the airport frankfurt. Normally it takes 1 week till another update pops up. The longest gap (for me) was 6 weeks though...
Try DHL Tracking, they transport all the items that go through customs in germany.

I hope you get your tsuba quickly!

regards,

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone see this Kyo-Shoami Tsuba on Ebay that is might be stolen, please inform me. 

Thanks for support.

post-3496-0-83747100-1558971492_thumb.jpg

For hints leading to the recovery of the tsuba I praise a reward of

$100

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very good news. I could pick up the tsuba today at the german customs.

As they gave me the package i was not able to say anything. I think the picture speak for itself.

The Package was open, wet and looks like a airplane crashed with it. Inside was nothing packed. The Kiribox had some damage. The tsuba was free in the package.

After 2 and a half month missing...

post-3496-0-50348600-1560443464_thumb.jpg

The good news is that the tsuba had no damage. And i can fix the kiribox.

I took some care to the tsuba and oil it slightly with choji.

What a ride...

I say thank you to Jason for all his work. As he sent it from Florida it was a perfect service, perfect package and he cares for all the forms and askings to find where the package is.

Jason - well done!

• Like 5

Good news Chris,

I had a package turn up like that from the US once, looked like a dog had chewed on it.

I always ask now for anything bulky to be sent in a cardboard box. Something to do with it being in an envelope and the bulky item getting it stuck in some kind of conveyer or something.

• Like 1

Yeah, the delays seem to be getting worse of late even with USPS. 

Had a sword sent from Texas to Louisiana recently, about a 6 hr. drive.  It made a large circle around me to Tennessee, Baton Rouge, Houston, then it finally showed up.

Had a high end tsuba sent from Texas recently via USPS registered mail.  Tracking repeatedly showed it was in route, but it never arrived.  Finally after getting management involved, it was found to have been locked in the safe.  They would show it on the outbound dispatch, but no one took it from the safe.  Finally, it arrived.

Why anyone would ship a wooden tsuba box in a freaking envelope ?? Makes no sense to me.  The best hakogaki I ever owned with a pair of Goto Eijo menuki, was tossed in a plain priority box without so much as tissue paper around it and returned to me by Bob Benson.  I was damn lucky it wasn't crushed or damaged.  I gave him an ear full over that and no longer send anything through his service.

• Like 2

Had some very strange experiences with USPS. A cople of false signatures by mailmen and attempted thefts. Helped signing up for informed delivery but last month paid over a hundred dollar for a five day max Express package to Norway to get there by May 17th holiday celebrations, it got there two weeks late after a round trip to Portugal(!)

Good you got your tsuba back, accidents happen in every profession but sometimes the lack of standards are almost supernatural.

• Like 1

Finally a happy ending!  Chris, whatever bizarre circumstances befell your package, we shall never know, in the end you were most fortunate.  Apparently, after examining the contents and determining it was neither a bomb nor contraband, it was finally sent on it's way to you.  All in all, it's a miracle that you received it unscathed, minus some repairable box damage....."All's well that ends well"!

Cheers,

:)

-S-

p.s.- Sorry for the late reply.....somehow I misplaced this thread, lol.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..