Dai Token Ichi 2018 Extra Events Nov. 14Th And 16Th

Greetings sword friends....I am not giving up even though we were lacking participants last year!  We will try again this year!

Tokyo DTI Additional Events

Wed. Nov. 14th Kamakura Sword Study Group will offer a sword study and dinner party again in Ginza at the Italian Restaurant Cinq (same venue as previous years).  Location is quite convenient.  Sword study is yen 5,000 (for the venue) and the dinner party will be sponsored by Hisashi Saito of Seikodo. Date will be Wednesday Nov. 14th.  Arrival time will be from 5:30 p.m. for the sword study. Discussion of swords at 6:30 and the dinner party will follow the sword study at around 7:00 ... Attendance by advance reservation only. Please notify Robert Hughes (keichodo@yahoo.com) as soon as possible!

Friday Nov. 16th Yakatabune Tokyo Bay Cruise.....Arrangements: This event is tentatively scheduled for Friday, November 16th, but final determination to proceed will depend on the number of interested participants.  As in the past, participants would leave from in front of DTI at 6:30 p.m. Cruise to start from 7:00 p.m. Participation by advance reservation only.  Notification to attend is also a commitment to pay if event is held...Cost yen 10,800 per participant. Please notify Robert Hughes (keichodo@yahoo.com) as soon as possible! Minimum number of participants is 20....the magic number! Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event if numbers are limited.

If you have an interest in attending either one of these events, please contact Robert Hughes at keichodo@yahoo.com....Hope to see you in Japan!

• Like 1

The last two years Bob had to pay out of his own pocket for those who signed up for the yakatabune, but changed their mind, and didn’t pay. Let me put it this way:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I have no idea why you are behaving like that, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you pay Bob, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you; but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

post-12-0-49334800-1537068820_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Greetings everyone!

Just an update to say it is not too late to join the study session and dinner party next Wednesday or the Friday night Yakatabune dinner cruise.

Let me know if interested!  The more the merrier....

keichodo@yahoo.com

Good times for all....

Best,

Robert

• Like 1

Hi Michael.,

You wrote to Robert:

"To be frank, I am a bit concerned Guido will come onto us with the daunting might of the cyberwarfare department and incinerate our devices "

The standard Spec Ops A.G.C.P.S.   (Anti Guido Cyberwarfare Protection System) is this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Heavy-Duty-Foil-50-sq-ft/11303915

I would suggest "Publish and be damned"

As they say.............

:)

I mean, what's the worst thing he, or his team of house trained cyber ninja could inflict upon you........................ :ph34r:

:trout:

Well, by popular demand, and as no one else is taking the plunge (those who know me understand that I do not mind going first), let me give a bit of a synopsis of the events of that week.

I have to say I was there most for work and could only attend the DTI for 3-4 hours but could go to both events organised by Robert.

While I joined only for the second half of the Kamakura study session, I did get the chance to see the wonderful blades shared by Robert, Hisashi Saito and others. The choice was splendid, especially for a Bizen aficionado like me: Ichimonji, Hatakeda Sanemori, couple of Aoe/Bitchu, a wonderful Go Yoshihiro, a couple of Masazane (the daito I thought was Muramasa but it turned out to be a student). I missed the explanations but Ikeda San explicated what was what and why.

The DTI was good fun and I saw lots of Americans, Germans, some Brits, etc on the Friday afternoon I was there (only a couple of hours and had to fly out the following morning). Delectable swords and kodogu as always. My personal favourites were the two Fukuoka Ichimonji Yoshifusa (both daimyo blades, the TokuJu one was marvellous late Yoshifusa at 40m yen and the JuBi one was earlier, ko-Ichimonji style and priced at 38m yen), the JuBi Kanemitsu katana (at 25m yen), of course the various Sadamune and the Go (from Wednesday). There were some impressive daito: the Kiyomaro, the Saburo Kunimune....I saw two lovely Soshu Yukimitsu (8m and 8.5m), a powerful Chogi, a number of signed ko-Bizen.

And then there was the tosogu, where I am a complete novice, but there were tsuba at 5m and 8m yen. So quality was outstanding across the DTI but prices not for the faint-hearted.

Following the Friday DTI event, around 32-33 visitors attended the boat trip. Some of the usual faces were there. But what I found most amusing were the song performances by Eckhard Kremers, Guido Schiller and Tom [ ]. Eckhard was unstoppable and delivered 3-4 numbers, while Guido was so melodious and mellifluous that I could not believe my ears and eyes. Tom was a raconteur who delivered a narration and a Satsuma ballad. Greatly and very traditionally performed by all three guys.

And Robert had invited Kaori Kawabuchi - a kenbo actress and performer who mesmerised us all. See for yourselves.

post-1910-0-07222800-1542710428_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-54541900-1542710856_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-26027000-1542710904_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-08900200-1542710941_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-57292400-1542710970_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-36075300-1542710999_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-43383600-1542711035_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-73479000-1542711065_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-83717600-1542711097_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-93535100-1542711690_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-01772500-1542712050_thumb.jpeg

post-1910-0-21418800-1542712081_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Thank you all attendees for stepping up and sailing out on Tokyo Bay....

No corpses have turned up yet.....Guido!

Thank you Fred G. and Michael S. for the positive reviews...

It was a good time...I will upload the group photo!

Best,

Robert

• Like 4

"No corpses have turned up yet.....Guido!"

They most likely won't Robert, it is rumoured Guido has access to chains and weights......... and the maximum depth of Tokyo bay is 70M.

But that's another story.

:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..