Tsuba Collection Box

b.hennick

Hi Barry,

Someone on NMB posted pictures of multiple tsuba boxes he had made a while back, I believe at one point he offered them for sale.  The work was quite fine.  If you search NMB perhaps you can find the post.  You could, no doubt, have them made in Japan.

Cheers,

-S-

Barry,

I meant that he appears to have the ability to fabricate whatever you want.  Trying to find exactly what you are looking for in older goods is not that easy, many others desire the same thing you do.....it down to fortune and quick reactions  Keep your trigger finger limber, and at the ready,  as "he who hesitates is lost".

Bonne chance,

-S-

• 2 weeks later...

I got in touch with Ueno-san at https://www.katanatansu.jp/tsuba%E9%8D%94%E5%8F%8E%E7%B4%8D-%E9%8D%94%E6%8E%9B%E3%81%91/%E9%8D%94%E5%8F%8E%E7%B4%8D%E7%AE%B1tsuba-syunou/#cc-m-product-10403707174, & although he agreed that the fabric is rough, he suggested just placing a piece of silk over any segment if I'm worried about scratching the patina. He also quoted a reasonable ¥7300 for shipping to the U.S., & he does accept PayPal. I have an Edo-period tsuba collection box that I bought from an NMB member, but I'm outgrowing it, & this storage box might be my next acquisition.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..