Favorite Documentaries?

How is asking for documentaries about Samurai and the like off topic in a forum that includes in the description:
"For the discussion of all topics related to Nihonto, collecting, the Samurai, Japanese Art or Japanese history that are not covered below."

Regardless of this being the right place or not, it took me a few days to find the box and title, but this documentary is my absolute favorite. The camera work is just top notch.

Trailer:

Thank you! I look forward to viewing it.

• Like 1

I thought this one was exceptional. Its about sword-polishing. Another poster linked to it in a recent thread. I was fascinated by the life and the dedication and the various twists their stories took. It may have been posted in the thread discussing the potential of westerners to become established polishers and then passing on their craft to other westerners. You can see in this documentary it takes a certain kind of dedication and acceptance of (submission to?) tradition to pursue this calling. 

• Like 5

I thought this one was exceptional. Its about sword-polishing. Another poster linked to it in a recent thread. I was fascinated by the life and the dedication and the various twists their stories took. It may have been posted in the thread discussing the potential of westerners to become established polishers and then passing on their craft to other westerners. You can see in this documentary it takes a certain kind of dedication and acceptance of (submission to?) tradition to pursue this calling. 

Watched this in full last night, totally agree, jokingly said to my lad "i wouldn't last a week", lad replied, "wouldn't last a day" :laughing:

A point made about the number of unskilled polishers being a "dime a dozen" ruining decent blades, so true.

The sensei didn't hold back with the criticism, old school training, reminds me of my first job, how times change.

Interesting documentary, thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..