Wakizashi by Kanenobu

remzy

Greetings everyone,

I just received my wakizashi from Fred over at Nihonto.com and I must say that I am very charmed by its beautiful yet strong features. I wanted to share its beauty with you if you do not mind. I will let the pictures says what i could not describe with words. (pardon my humble photograph skills!)

If someone want me to give out the measurments i will gladly provide them if you provide me with a info sheet to fill up!

Also, if someone could translate to me what the mei and origami says, i would greatly appreciate it, all i know it is Tokubetsu hozon made by Kanenobu. The origami has legitimate "proofs" also, not that i doubted in Fred, i am just pointed that out.

Regards,

Rémy B.

post-496-14196740346345_thumb.jpg

post-496-14196740349552_thumb.jpg

post-496-14196740353267_thumb.jpg

post-496-14196740357239_thumb.jpg

post-496-14196740361296_thumb.jpg

I have ten more pictures but it seems that i cannot upload more as of now!

Rémy,

Try and save them with some jpg compression. You have a couple of megs worth of pics in this one post :shock:

Rather link to the original pics or use imageshack if you have a large number of huge pics.

Here is the kissaki pic above saved with some compression, at 1/5th of the file size:

6_1.jpg

Hi,

Just a few quick pics of a Katana by the same smith - showing same hamon . This is also Tok. Hozon but is not as wide as your waki. I bought this sword largely because of the regularity of the hamon and quality of forging.

I wish you much pleasure with your new sword....

There is a sayagaki with the katana - I will post some pics in the hope that some kind person will translate . It may throw some light on Kanenobu ( there is no real information in Fujishiro other than rating him as chusaku and commenting that he made swords with a sanbonsugi hamon receiving the title Mutsu no Kami ).

post-63-14196740332081_thumb.jpg

post-63-14196740332922_thumb.jpg

post-63-14196740333988_thumb.jpg

post-63-14196740334994_thumb.jpg

post-63-14196740335624_thumb.jpg

As stated in previous post - I would be very interested and grateful if someone would take the trouble to translate ?

Thanks !

濃刕陸奥守兼信

Noshu Mutsu no kami Kanenobu

時代明暦頃 同工得意ノ三本杉ノ焼刃而

其本領ヲ發揮シ典型的也

Era: ca. Meireki (1655-1658), this smith had a forte for Sambonsugi yakiba and

this work is typical showing his real ability.

刃長 貳尺四厘有之

Blade length: 2 shaku 4 rin (= 60.72 cm)

惟時平成乙酉暦如月上浣 探山識(花押)

At the beginning of Feb. in 2005, Tanzan wrote this.

• 7 months later...

Greetings again, sorry to ressurect this old thread but i would like to know if anyone here could provide me with a scan or a picture of an oshigata of a Noshu Mutsu no kami Kanenobu Mei. I would like to print it and keep it on file. I searched the net for a while with very limited success.

thanks in advance.

Remy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..