11 replies to this topic

#1 Chiburi

Chiburi

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:40 AM

Just out of interest,has there been some changes within Ebay , a couple of items that i have put bids on  ,have come back with this notice “Dear Buyer To prevent the circumvention of the eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.  Thank you for your understanding. eBay Trust & Safety {e66652-651407x} , Action: 651407 [ 12310 ].

I have just lost out on a tanto and Wakizashi because bid blocked, not by sellers as had items of them before in past with no problems, so was wondering if this is a new U.K thing.

I have asked for clarification as to the notice but in mean time was wondering if any one else as problems.

many thanks

Cliff

Cliff Hughes

#2 reeder

reeder

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:33 AM

eBay won't let me list a knife or sword if I have it set up to where Ireland or UK shipping is enabled anymore.

Brandon

Collecting Type 98 & Type 3 Gendaito

#3 Tom Darling

Tom Darling

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:19 AM

Sounds like there prohibited by authority.  Peace.

Tom D.

#4 Chiburi

Chiburi

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

I know here in U.K we are due to yet another update to our laws regarding knives and blades which i think comes into affect end of October, but as far as i know that is regarding posting restriction or ban and importing certain blades ,and also knives like spring assisted knives are to be banned.But i'm thinking now that this is a U.K. Ebay bidding problem, because i went onto U.S. Ebay and put bid on a tanto there ,without bid getting blocked.I checked customs here and they have no problem with "antique swords or knives" at the moment until new restrictions come in affect.

Cliff Hughes

#5 Ken-Hawaii

Ken-Hawaii

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationKaneohe, Hawaii, USA

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:04 AM

Don't you just love how governments "protect" us with more and more rules & regs? :fit:

• uwe and Vermithrax16 like this

Ken Goldstein

Anyone can be tough for a season,

but it takes a special kind of human to rise to life's challenges for a lifetime.

#6 Tigerinbamboo

Tigerinbamboo

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco CA USA

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:27 AM

Could be worse. I recently bid on an ivory netsuke located in the Netherlands (not eBay, different online auction). I won, paid, and was then told,
"Sorry, it's illegal to ship ivory to the US. We'll be keeping the netsuke, and no refunds."
😡
Kathleen

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

Geeesh Kat! Tell em its bone. Worth a try.
"This to shall pass"
USMC DEC 63 APR 73

#8 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

Plenty of European (and even Dutch) members here who would offer to accept delivery and hold it until you can make a plan.
Yes..ivory is a problem worldwide now. Don't bother with it.

- Admin -

#9 pcfarrar

pcfarrar

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:13 PM

I know here in U.K we are due to yet another update to our laws regarding knives and blades which i think comes into affect end of October, but as far as i know that is regarding posting restriction or ban and importing certain blades ,and also knives like spring assisted knives are to be banned.But i'm thinking now that this is a U.K. Ebay bidding problem, because i went onto U.S. Ebay and put bid on a tanto there ,without bid getting blocked.I checked customs here and they have no problem with "antique swords or knives" at the moment until new restrictions come in affect.

We haven't been able to bid on most sword auctions since eBay UK put the block on 10 years ago. There have been loopholes for swords listed in different categories but it looks like eBay have finally closed those now.

• Stephen likes this
Peter Farrar

#10 Sansei

Sansei

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

The ban on knives and swords is likely the result of a rise in terrorist and other attacks in places like London.

https://nypost.com/2...pike-in-the-uk/

#11 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

No. It's about the nanny-state clamping down on anything that makes them feel they did something about crime.
It's about control. And smoke and mirrors.
Btw, at the same time they banned posting anything edged unless you can guarantee age verification on delivery, and banned WW2 knuckle knives and other highly collectible paraphernalia. Lots of things are now illegal that weren't before.

• Ken-Hawaii and Chiburi like this

- Admin -

#12 Ken-Hawaii

Ken-Hawaii

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationKaneohe, Hawaii, USA

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:34 AM

+1  and getting worse, all the time! Hawaii is the first state to put firearm owners into a database. That database, which is called the "Rap Back" system, is operated by the FBI and would notify police when a gun owner is arrested for a crime anywhere in the United States. "This will allow county police departments in Hawaii to evaluate whether the firearm owner may continue to legally possess and own firearms," according to .the governor's office.

Ken Goldstein

Anyone can be tough for a season,

but it takes a special kind of human to rise to life's challenges for a lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq