Midwest Token Kai (Chicago Show) Tsuba Display

b.hennick

For those of you who missed the Chicago show here is a link to photos I took of Stuart Broms' tsuba collection. Stuart was kind enough to provide for a hands-on display and to allow me to post a link to my photos of his tsuba. 

Here is one sample to entice you to click the link.

post-40-0-54225700-1493655900_thumb.jpg

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hapm43jtokvphjl/AAA0rYMmAyo-lqZ4oMi4rTvLa?dl=0

• Like 12

OUTSTANDING!!! But I must say it was even better to be there to see them in person, and handle them, all while hearing the backstories from Mr Broms himself.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together and getting permission to post.

My early vote for 'pinned' status...

I would like to thank Fred G and also Chuck G (Chuck was representing the NY Token Kai) for they generous offer to display a GREAT group of Goto fittings. I had a last minute table cancellation (due to family emergency) and when Fred heard he got with Chuck and put out a display that was fantastic. They even allowed some careful hands on examination (with permission). It was a treat!  I did not take specific pictures of items but in my general show pictures i have 3 so am posting them here.  They should give an overview of what was included (note the cards showing the generations)

post-79-0-54410400-1493688384_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-14599200-1493688453_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-99526400-1493688484_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

These fittings shown above were incredible.  Made the whole trip worthwhile.

(OK - sorry - I have to brag just a little.  The Keijo and Kenjo futatokoromono and the Joshin Shi shi menuki were mine at one time so it was also nice seeing them again).

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..