Does anyone have any information as to Florida Token-Kai, Shinsa, or Nihonto shows for 2021? 

Just trying to plan my 2021 travel. I'm located in South Carolina, so ANY shows in Florida, Georgia, North or South Carolina are of interest. I may be going to the Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows in Louisville, KY. Feb 17-21. I haven't been there in 6 years, but it is a huge show of military antiques, with plenty of Nihonto to be found. On the same weekend, in an adjoining convention center, is the National Gun Day. I have found quite a few nihonto there amongst the guns.

Thanks to all in advance!

Read this yesterday expecting one of guys that make the shows to update you.

If they dont know it must still be up in the air.

I had talked to Bill a month or so back. at that time he was planning a show in Tampa the last weekend in february. I have not heard anything final so not sure.  Things are challenging.  I was going to a small show this weekend, it was all set and on until yesterday, the health dept said NO  after approving it  so it is hard to plan.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Current government issued guidance is no public events till May. All conferences are online only.

Kirill R.

I had a table set-up this weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. at a gun and knife show. My main goal was to have my original nihonto on display as well as some reproduction items, in hopes of finding the "my grandfather gave me one of those" or "I have one like this, if I bring it to you can you tell me more it?"

I ended up selling almost everything. My 2 matchlocks did not sell, but I priced them very high, not wanting to sell them.

All the above being said, I am keeping my eyes on the Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows in Louisville Kentucky in late February...as mentioned in my first post.

Hello Dan C.,

I am going to Orlando Show in 2021 and will have a table. I am looking to meeting you in person.  

On 11/15/2020 at 9:59 AM, Soshin said:

Hello Dan C.,

I am going to Orlando Show in 2021 and will have a table. I am looking to meeting you in person.  

Do you dates of that show?

Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Hello Dan,

I am unsure. I know Bob Elder was trying to have a show this year but it was cancelled twice in June and October due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I just send him a direct message on Facebook asking what the date is for a Orlando show in 2021 as I want to have a table. I will keep you updated once I have more information.    

As of right now, I plan on having a table or two at the National Gun Day in February 2021...that is if Biden doesn't shut the country down for 6 weeks, as he says he will do.

Dear Dan C.,

I talked with Bob Elder via Facebook message and he is considering the weekend of July 10 for the 2021 Orlando Show. He still discussing it with the hotel and no contact has been signed yet. Happy Thanksgiving! 

• Thanks 1