Book Fire Sale! Moving To China.

bone

Forget schools and styles and age.

Really.

This is a mumei sword, as pictured. It has some age to it. It is a katana. The rest is as per the pics. That should be your description.

Buy it as a mumei katana of unknown school. Just like everyone else sells swords. Not sure why you are getting bogged down by details when there are none.

As a mumei katana blade without fatal flaws (hopefully) it should fetch $800 to $1200. Not sure if you will get that, but that is what it would fetch on eBay. But I think the drama is putting ppl off.

Post the sword to Stephen, he can forward it to a buyer as he is experienced in that, and describe it better, and can take Paypal after fees. It may take a few more days, but that is your issue you need to sort out.

Wish I could do that Brian but I made a promise to the person who bid 650.00 and unless he withdraws it will be his. Oh! And no fatal flaws, no hagire, etc.

I haven't heard any confirmation on the Hawleys. It is the old, dark blue one (volume 1 1966) but does have some extra info I believe the brown one doesn't have.

In any event I promised to end this at midnight tonight. I have one more sword I'm going to have to sell but don't worry. I wouldn't even THINK of doing this again!

Thank you Brian et al.

Sincerely,

Indeed. I would love to see you post a new thread, just the pics, and info on the auction. Without the "side show" as Stephen said and without the speculation of school. Then I can remove this thread and see where it goes. Your call.

Brian. Please cxl this thread. I'll repost the hawleys. The Wak? I trust Stephen but I have someone who's going to go to ebay the wak and I'm sending him the Katana as well. I'll send you a 10 percent donation to the board just because this whole, horrifying situation should give everyone SOMETHING. And this, at least, will give a little something back to a place that has given me so much.

I'm angry, humiliated and desperate.

If you want to yell at me or, buy the Hawleys

iamstevebone@gmail.com

or my phone: 479-790-5125.

I know I have some demonstrative un-happiness coming.

Brian, in the end I know this can't hurt this great creation of yours but I can't help but believe I let you down. Please let me stay.

My check is in the mail as well. He stated that the former bidder had not been in contact with him for 2 weeks; is this incorrect? I spoke with him at length prior to making my offer which he accepted. Steve, what gives?

Hmmmm, this thread with all the drama is not even two weeks old. The supposed high bid was announced as $650 on Oct. 2nd - 3 days ago. Yet, the high bidder supposedly had been out of contact for 2 weeks. My math is not adding up.

Hoanh

My check was for $850  sent at about 1 pm American Samoa local time and was only offered after i was reasonably assured there were no legitimate offers on the table after talking with Steve Bone for nearly half an hour. Seems we have an issue; when I saw Grey's post i thought it was too late to call Arkansas, but i will be on the phone in the morning. Due to time zone differences I will most likely be late to the party, but I will be attending.

Goes without saying that anyone with funds on the way to Steve should stop payment while we get to the bottom of this.

We await clarification Steve, although it is not looking good.

Anyone care to use the contact details to good effect?

Grey, the email I sent you is still sitting in my drafts. When I got the better offer before midnight I felt bad about it but the extra cash almost pays for my visa by itself. And that's still not an excuse for not letting you know immediately. If you guys look back I've never ripped anyone off either here or on ebay.

I owe everyone here an apology for this whole nightmare but especially to Grey who has always been a stand up guy and of course to Brian who has had to deal with this whole, sad mess.

I have some personal problems that are coming to a head and I've been pretty whacked out on diazapam and while that contributed to all this it isn't an excuse. There IS no excuse. I'll have my phone next to me all day if anyone still has any questions.

Once again my deepest and sincerest apologies.

Worse thread ever.

Grey has been called.

And Stephen has been called.

• Like 2

Just got off the phone with Steve Bone; obviously i had some concerns about the transaction being successfully completed. After discussing it with Steve, I am satisfied that he will do what is necessary to complete the transaction. Having been through a number of difficult situations myself as a disabled veteran, I can understand that at times life can be a bit overwhelming, and I try not to add to the load in those cases, but try to help carry it.

And it gets better! I still have a koto wak signed Tsunaei saku that I need to sell as well. THIS time I'm looking for someone on the board to either ebay it or sell it here, for a fee of course. Unless of course you'd like to see another train wreck like this one...  :bang:

• 2 weeks later...

Sword came today, made it through the USPS system without any  damage to contents, though they did ding the outside of the package. Sword was packed well in styrofoam. It has some condition issues which will benefit from some TLC. Thank you Steve Bone!

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..