Anyone know what this is?

Infinite_Wisdumb

Box says 秋虫 (Autumn insects). I don't quite see the insects, but a lot of these tsuba with long, stem-like images in sukashi get attributed to autumn insects because the long filaments look like antennae. The box also says the fukurin is silver. 

I like it (even though I can't find any insects in it). 

Edit: Box also says 赤坂 - Akasaka. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi Jesse some "Bell crickets".   Brand new by the look, https://www.jauce.com/auction/1121282187 with a description sheet from the factory. I assume they are meant simply as reproductions. [which would explain the 1 yen start!] :)

image.png.4714181b386364bbeb45da1c339512d8.png   image.png.b51ec9688e3d9987455747cb1ed2eadc.png

Akasaka Toru Tsuba “Suzumushi Toru”
Prototype Genroku era third generation Masatora
Ren was devised with designs that incorporated the samurai's thoughts, emotions, and desires, creating a variety of diverse objects that could be said to be the crystallization of the samurai's aesthetic sensibilities.
Among these records, transparent tsuba has a mysterious beauty that is the most Japanese.
The illustrations of Masatora III (unknown - 1707) are relaxed, easy-going, and dignified. This ``Suzumushi Transparent'' allows male and female bell beetles to be seen vertically, and the curves of the antennae are ingenious.It has a refreshing atmosphere like a clear autumn sky in Japan, and a clear atmosphere like the voice of a bell beetle, and has a high level of elegance.

• 3 weeks later...