Well, with only 24 days to the best sword and fittings show of the year, I am amazed there is no hype, excitement, and enthusiasm, for the ability to immerse oneself in days of the artifacts, of which we have invested so much time and money. Of even more importance is the source of the new blood of this hobby [ yeah right ], a wee bit more than that; and the chance to learn from the veterans, whose knowledge is irreplaceable. You need to go, it will make you feel good, you'll be a better scholar for the experience, and the one's who didn't go, are always sorry for the bad decision. See you there !!! 8/14 > 8/15 San Francisco

Gary Wortham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlie:

The show is open to table holders only on Thursday - mainly for set up. The show is open to the public on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There is a daily admission fee or a weekend fee. The American Branch of the NBTHK is putting on a display of swords of Etchu Provence. They charge $10 to see, handle the blades and listen to a lecture on them. I know that there will be a Go Yoshihiro for sure as well as other great blades.

There is a lecture on sword etiquette Saturday morning - worthwhile and free. It will be given by Grey Doffin on behalf of the JSSUS (Japanese Sword Society of the United States). Things tend to close up early on Sunday as people have to travel home. On the other hand sometimes there are great deals on Sunday. People want to go home with less merchandise and more money or need to sell in order to buy. Drop by my table and say hello. I am bringing a bunch of swords and fittings priced to sell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..