27-1/2" KOTO KATANA NORIMITSU 1500's + SHINGUNTO MOUNTS

Swords

This is a beautiful sword by Norimitsu 

Nothing wrong with this sword !

Its been thoroughly  authenticated!

I need the money since I hav spent too much on swords 

Sorry I can’t negotiate any further on price since it’s already been discounted 

2750 + 65.00 shipping includes insurance 

If you need more pictures let me know since I’m only allowed so much 

4CA86CF4-7340-471F-B800-EEADD9CE300A.jpeg

B0F715D6-B65C-4E64-9993-F3653D2D7B64.jpeg

0F265054-1E8B-4A67-81F4-A622CD8AE0F6.jpeg

55A04D8D-F3B7-45C4-8532-21204F468317.jpeg

0FF8F65C-E3BF-4825-83FA-B930D10AD850.jpeg

F89A512E-C534-4AB6-A5F5-31630C909A3E.jpeg

It's a sword made and signed by a Norimitsu smith. Therewere a few. It's not by THE bishu osafune Norimitsu, and would be much more money but one of many others using  name Norimitsu at different times.

What I meant by authenticated 

opinions by Experts to be a signed Norimitsu sword 

iIts really a nice sword  for 500 years old with high end WW2 mounts 

That’s about all I can tell you I’m learning too

I also know little but will say that I would like to be in the financial position to buy this sword Derek.

It has all of the attributes that mean something- a fine old koto blade in what looks to be in good condition, in WW11 military mounts, also good order. Have a look at the quality of the habaki which also will often indicate a worthwhile blade. Historic value on all fronts.

Roger j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info about the fittings and all others help Hopefully others can see what nice sword this is and the qualities it has to offer

I decided to extend the free shipping offer

Steve

• Like 1

Derek I will give you a a chance to buy my sword I’m thinking of listing it on EBay

to get a larger audience  Don’t  mean to hav a bad attitude just angry not selling it sooner 

It has has alot of positive feedback by many experienced people 

Steve

Steve, I'm surprised that nobody bought your sword yet. According that you bought it from me, I will appreciate that you use/do your own photos & description for eBay & not mine.  In any event because lots of peoples knows me & they may think it's a scam, time to time I see my swords coming back on eBay via some scammer's by copying my listing & photos & trying to sell it at a ridiculous price for quick for cash as rip-off style, & lots peoples are reporting it to ebay very fast & the listing are removed very fast by ebay in less than 24 hours, they use my description & photos, they are my style & very distinctive to me " Ericowazamono", now if you do so surely may go against you if you try to sell yourself using my photos and description. So personal advice do your own photos & description to sell it on eBay or even in any social media groups as well just my opinion. Good luck, Eric  "Ericowazamono"

• Like 5

Eric not a problem I may not sell on EBay since I would lose quite a bit of money on fees but if I do I will certainly will not use your description or photos I just got the bill for a polish I had done You probably saw how nice it turned out 

Any way Im selling it below the price on EBay if I had bought it there  So if someone is interested they are getting it for a good price free shipping and of course knowing it came from a good source 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m relisting this sword at 2800 shipping is 70.00 in US out of the US is 97.00 priority Mail including insurance I can’t take any thing less as the price is already reduced 

I wanted to add to this description The sword blade  is almost flawless without scratches scuffs or nicks!
Not bad for a 500.00 year old sword !

And of course high end mounts and Tsuka excellent condition 

I wanted to add Some additional information 

Not only fittings all match suite they are suya  shoten stamped considered one of the better quality military mount producers of the war 

To find A 500 year old sword in this condition is amazing and by Norimitsu a well known smith 

This sword has been authenticated by many people on this forum including a highly reputable dealer who sold it to me

From what I see  our there many swords are over valued ! I believe this one is more fairly priced 

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with your sword or the price or the offer. Other sellers have similar problems as we live in hard times and people fear high prices for nearly everything, holding back their bucks, so selling a good sword lasts longer than it did two or three years ago. Your sword would have sold really fast back then. 

Just look at the offers of other sellers here, we have some really good swords and Tosogu offered at the moment, most offers are ridiculously cheap, but they don't sell. 

So please be patient a with us for a while... 

• Like 3

I noticed other swords on EBay are priced higher with fees and taxes 

I believe my sword is in nicer condition compared to others I see listed 

Just  can’t understand why someone wouldn’t want a 500 year old sword in high end mounts with better matching hardware?

Being patient isn’t one of my strong points but Will try 

Thanks for the tip!

I have too many to sell before I start buying unfortunately 

And at the given-them-away prices lately, means that I'll definitely won't be buying soon which means I'm just going to hold on to what I have. 

Also now that I've reached way better understanding of it all I most likely won't be considering 'average' again. Maybe 2 more, that's it lol

J.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..