Bizen Osafuné Koshiraé display

6 hours ago, Infinite_Wisdumb said:

Nobuie just looks meh to me IDK

like buying a harley for a bike on the name only

(let the flaming begin)

Jesse, it's a funny old world, isn't it! Why is Nobuie worshipped so fervently, and why will lemmings, uh, folks pay so much for an authenticated article?

I tried to like your post, but I've run out of ammo again. (Must be something to do with the world clock setting on my pc.)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Jesse, it's a funny old world, isn't it! Why is Nobuie worshipped so fervently, and why will lemmings, uh, folks pay so much for an authenticated article?

I tried to like your post, but I've run out of ammo again. (Must be something to do with the world clock setting on my pc.)

ill share a heart on yours Piers to make the world right again ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quiz.

This is the Tachi Koshiraé that I always wear for full armour displays, with full Tachi-wearing kit.

Usually mostly hidden under my jimbaori, It’s about 90 cm overall in length. I did not think of offering it for the Osafuné display described earlier in this thread, but I’ve added it here today! 😂 

Q. *Does it look ‘large’ to you?  👀 

(To be continued.)

4ADACBBD-2751-4412-9DC2-898EAA52B4CB.thumb.jpeg.5c3c8a3ff356b56a8a5a2b835f4d663c.jpeg

*Oh, ok, yes, it is a trick question, relatively speaking.

• Like 1

Thank you for the answers. Not quite what I was looking for, but close enough! The Tachi is constantly hitting things, or people often walk past and inadvertently knock it behind as they go. I can understand why you might prefer a retainer to carry it upright for you. It is plenty long enough for me! Shades of Roger, er…. Crocodile Dundee.
“You call THAT a Tachi???” 

There was a hint in my PS above ‘relatively speaking’. If you put it like this against a 147cm shrine dedication Koshiraé.

569CFD0A-CC2D-45EE-B654-A62664C09A1C.thumb.jpeg.f39409b56b8fcf84f915447ae063d591.jpeg

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..