Need help translating mei and tsuba signatures.

Hey guys,

I bought this katana from China nearly two decades ago and it's been serving as a display piece ever since. I realize it's very likely a cheap reproduction but that hasn't stopped my curiosity,

so I've recently decided to disassemble the sword and interestingly enough found signatures on both the tang and the tsuba. But not being Japanese myself or having formally studied Kanji
or such I have absolutely no clue what I'm looking at, so I was hoping someone here would be kind enough to help me in the right direction :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

DSC_0399.JPGDSC_0400.JPG

*note: it might not be significant considering the swords origin, the the other side of the tang also seems to have a small figure 8 stamped into it near the bottom.

I wasn't planning on it, it has always served as a display piece and nothing more. I luckily have healthy respect towards weaponry and as such I

wouldn't want to use it for anything else either without at least studying proper handling techniques and the likes first, even if it was a real sword ^_^

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, Surfson said:

Sorry, as you appear to have known, it is a Chinese copy of a Japanese sword.  I think that the mei is gibberish.

That's not how the kanji is written. Even kindergarteners can write much better than this. Maybe it is made by an illiterate person.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..