Ryujin Swords UK

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues dealing with UK Seller Ryujin Swords. I placed an online order with them in the last week of August this year. After waiting over a month I had only a small part of the order finally delivered and only one response to my emails. I hope there is nothing serious going on in this regard.

If you visit his facebook page you will see him discuss problems with his orders from supplier and delivery service. Also states problems with messaging. I had dealings with him in the past and it was all O.K. Bought a katana from him and had restorations done to various swords l had. I also know he moved house. 

That really isn't an excuse for lack of communication and partial orders. Would like to hear from the website to see if this is isolated or a growing problem.
It isn't rocket science to keep clients updated, and refunds for short delivery shouldn't be an issue.

Just to echo what Gwyn has said, I have bought several items from Kevin over the years and apart from one delay when he was moving it has all been good.  When my daughter kindly bought me a sword bag as a birthday present he even added a fusahimo to the order.  I imagine that ordering supplies from Japan has been an issue recently but if in doubt drop him another e mail Vaughan.

All the best.

Geraint, I would have really liked to have given him the benefit of the doubt. But I emailed him several times and all were ignored. It was only after waiting a month when I finally raised a Paypal claim for the full amount of £67 that he replied for the first time in the claim page, quoting problems with his emails. He even said he'd previously sent the entire order.... which I never received, and if it was indeed sent, why wasn't it sent signed for or tracked? After I raised the Paypal claim, he decided to send me  £10 worth of my order items but strangely not the rest. I never heard from him again. The £10 worth of items were not sent tracked or signed for. Paypal decided the claim in my favour. There really didn't seem to be much concern on his part about letting me down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought some sword care items about a month ago and haven’t had any indication the packages are being shipped or a reply to my first follow up email so some of the comments here have me mildly concerned. I could be wrong though and he might be a great vendor so I’m not going to rush to judgment and will just write a second letter. I’ll update if something happens.

What I can say right now is that the shipping is not as quick as I would have expected or hoped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..