Forget every thing you know about sake

Bazza

Dear Ffolke,

A friend has just sent me a link that has left me wide-eyed and full of anticipatory wonder.  All Nihonto friends should be aware of the content and I'm sure it will provoke interesting comment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/forget-everything-you-know-about-sake?ref=wrap

Best regards,

BaZZa.

• Like 6

I don't really drink...sake being the one exception very occasionally. But this article makes me want to find some good stuff.
I guess I'll add it to the bucket list when I eventually visit Japan again. Thanks Bazza.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing Bazza,

All of my guinomi see action and I'm a big sake fan, nigori in particular.  For the longest time there were only a couple half-sized bottles of it available around my neck of the woods, but over the last couple years the sake section at the NH state stores has multiplied at least threefold.  In addition, Japanese brands are now producing in the west coast wine states with in my opinion, fantastic results.  

What a time to be alive indeed, cheers.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love good saké!

Until a few years ago it was much harder to find nice saké...had to beg to some good restaurant suppliers for the nice stuff. 

("no...I don't need 24 bottles...one of this and one of that pretty please").

Now, there's an increasing amount of really good saké available "in the west" ...that's great.

And... saké sets are so cute. :)

post-4355-0-80115500-1555660268_thumb.jpg

Kanpai!

Robin

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..