Bamboo Sukashi Tsuba: Author?

andreYes

Please help to identify the following tsuba:

post-633-0-37462200-1453799797_thumb.jpgpost-633-0-07925200-1453799804_thumb.jpgpost-633-0-93342600-1453799809_thumb.jpg

Very slightly ovoid nagamaru gata, maru mimi. Very subtle ke-bori.

The design is not very common: it looks alike several Akasaka and Higo "take sukashi", but not exactly copy them.

It's not very big - 7,2x6,6 cm, and thinner then usual akasaka tsuba - 0,5 cm on seppa-dai, and 0,4 on mimi.

The tagane marks around nakago-ana on both sides are very regular: maybe it can be considered to be tagane mei?

Could it be made by one of Higo tsubako?

Thank you all!

I was a bit concerned, because I've got it from Yahoo Japan for considerably low price, but for me it seems to be nice and interesting. Even after receiving it, I can't see where is the trick  :)

John, could you please explain, why do you think it's Akasaka? I like this school, but it often surprise me. I thought that thickness and tagane marks are not typical for Akasaka?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..