Swedish-Japanese Swordsmith

Is was reading that fantastic story. Great.

Such a learning over that long time is in Germany these days not thinkable. My deepest respect to any swordsmith who learned that hard way. 

I am learning all the time, my whole life is a learning process. This will end when my life ends.

Yes Jean, but i must explain it in german. 

Wenn man 3 Jahre lang nur zuschauen darf, Holzkohle hacken muss, den Garten rechen und dauernd gesagt bekommt das man nix kann, dann möchte ich mal unsere Azubis in Deutschland sehen. Was wäre das für ein Aufstand mit Anwalt und öffentlicher Empörung.

Sorry for german writing but i can't write that in correct english.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yukawa-san was selling some tamahagane kitchen knives on CKTG a few years ago; I have a very long petty he made.  His blade geometry there was more suited to a sword than a culinary knife- so not the most useful piece in my kitchen- but still a very fun knife to use.  Now I have a great background article about the maker; thanks for posting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..