Las Vegas Sword Show Jan 26-27, 2024

6 hours ago, nulldevice said:

@BrianCount my buddy in for dinner if there's still spots available. My wife is still undecided so I'm going to assume she's a "no" for now.

Done, I'm sure we will be able to add any guys that want to join us at the show.
In case we aren't all at the same place at the end of the show, shall we say we meet at the lobby of the hotel at 19:00?

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I will be attending the show again this year & helping out my friends Eric & Matt with their tables as needed.  Would like to attend dinner with you all; please add me to the list for Friday if there is still space available.  Best wishes, safe travels and see you all soon! :-)  Michael Payne

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 10:42 AM, Mark said:

it is getting close.  should be a good time

Indeed!

With zero expectations at this late date before the show, a request, will there be by any chance videos, or at least a transcript, or even detailed reports, of the educational programs made available for those like myself (handicapped and unable to travel)? 

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Franco

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Franco D said:

will there be by any chance videos, or at least a transcript, or even detailed reports, of the educational programs made available for those like myself (handicapped and unable to travel)? 

Last year Brian, Woody and Mike gave "presentations". There may have been some recordings but i do not know. This year Mike thought it better to try another way.  The presentations were so popular everyone was there so no traffic in the sale section. So Mike is having Brian and Woody demonstrate their work, they are going to be working for 3 hours so people can go by when they want and observe and even ask questions, more of a one on one opportunity but not sure how that would work for recording or transcript.   We are trying to balance the educational opportunity but still allow dealers the chance to sell items

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stephen said:

Especially the Navy DGuard in top photo :Drool:

I really do need to take some good photos of that one. To me, as good as the koshirae looks, the blade is just as beautiful.

• Love 1

On 1/18/2024 at 10:28 AM, Brian said:

So far, everyone confirmed?

Myself + Nicky
@mdiddy
Eric
Roger + wife
@DTM72 +Ce Ce
@Mark
@Grey Doffin
@nulldevice + Friend
@Mark S. & Michelle
@SteveM
@yurie and Husband
@TnMike

So 18 so far. Gonna be great

Yep… wife and I are in.  Just confirming to make sure I have right place:

Yama Sushi The Strip

3049 S Las Vegas Blvd #20, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Correct?  Wife is investigating menu to find something to eat.:)

If I might make a suggestion… and this may be due to my retired Senior NCO military need for specificity and to know where my junior airmen might be at any given time :thumbsup: when you say ‘lobby’ of the Westgate… well that could be a very large area with lots of chances for ambiguity.  How about we meet at the Elvis statue in the lobby so there is only ONE spot?  Just my recommendation but I’ll defer to the group :)

IMG_2738.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:19 AM, Brian said:

Posting this from Heathrow on the way to Vegas. Yip Mark, that sounds good to me. Elvis it is. 

Heathrow might be my least favorite airport on Earth. Glad you made it? Are you spending time at SHOT show this week?

18 hours ago, nulldevice said:

Heathrow might be my least favorite airport on Earth. Glad you made it? Are you spending time at SHOT show this week?

I am indeed. The first 3 days. 

@Rivkin Will you be at the Vegas show this year? Loved the Papered Uda Kunimune I got from you last year. Looking forward to what else you have, if you are coming. If you are coming, you are invited to join all of us at dinner Friday night.

Dan

7 hours ago, DTM72 said:

@Rivkin Will you be at the Vegas show this year? Loved the Papered Uda Kunimune I got from you last year. Looking forward to what else you have, if you are coming. If you are coming, you are invited to join all of us at dinner Friday night.

Dan

Thank you very much, I am probably going to be there for a day or two without a table...

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

The old envy is rising,  lest that still does. 

Have fun guys n gals I'll be there in spirit. 

I will take lots of photos and post here. Besides hot ladies, anything in particular you would like to see? Remember, there are lots of antique guns at the show as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1