Sword Knots for sale, from Plimpton's swords

I bought some of the sword knots from the Plimpton collection. Now that the book is out i see it pictures the knots and shows what swords they go with. So if anyone has a need for one of these knots here is a chance.  $150 each (plus actual shipping). The knots are in bags and some have information and Mr Plimton's notes. Most have tags with the reference number

Thanks

mark

20230509_175312.jpg

20230509_175323.jpg

20230509_175334.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the suggestion. i will work on showing them individually. I have a few others but am not sure the values so will have to work on those. If anyone needs a specific knot let me know and i will look. They should be the actual knots in the book so at least there is a picture there

Thanks for asking. Here are some others if you have the book you can check them. I had put them aside as I thought they were more valuable than the others  if anyone is interested I will figure out a price 

90C9B850-9DE3-4D3A-8860-299CF52FD4B4.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Bringing this back to the top. Mark still has some nice, hard to find, tassels from the Plimpton Collection. Unfortunately for me, he no longer has one that I am looking for. Maybe he has the one you are looking for. Good luck to all!

Dan

a111.jpg

Which book is this?
The $350 one in that last picture -- That's a diplomatic tassel, correct?  Looks a lot like the one on my Kanetoshi, though in better shape (mine's pretty good, but not quite perfect, and some tarnishing).   Very heavy (gold-plated wire I think)

9 hours ago, jesup said:

Which book is this?
The $350 one in that last picture -- That's a diplomatic tassel, correct?  Looks a lot like the one on my Kanetoshi, though in better shape (mine's pretty good, but not quite perfect, and some tarnishing).   Very heavy (gold-plated wire I think)

These tassels came from swords that were in the book "Swords of the Emperor". Very well known collector by the name of John Plimpton. Mr. Plimpton intended to collect one or more of each type of sword type released after the Meiji restoration. he owned many rare and hard to find versions....as well as the tassels.

https://www.headstam...ror-standard-edition