Looking For Information

Fuuten

Hi there,

I'm looking into this tsuba to maybe buy it.

Its priced: ¥80,000,

Its unsigned, but attributed to Umetada(?), anyone knowledgable enough to maybe say its a good guess or maybe something else?

I really like the design, it looks so clear and beautiful.

post-2850-0-50335900-1424031536_thumb.jpg

Hi Axel,

2 thoughts came to me with a quick look: I'm surprised that the inlay is exactly the same on both sides (I'd expect some variation) and the tsuba looks quite new, like it was made in the last decade or so.

But other people know more than I do; let's see what they have to say.

Grey

Condition is superb. Like Grey, I thought it looks quite new, but if it has papers I would go with that. The iron doesn't look great, but the composition and theme really appeal. I like it a lot, and think it is well crafted. The price seems fair to me. Has been mounted before. This is one that Ford would probably have better input on.

Brian

Brian, Ian, Grey thank you all so much for commenting.

Your positive tone (*Brian:) towards this tsuba convinced me to get it. I already loved it. I just wanted to know whether i'm not delusional and/ or misguided. I can't wait to hold it (with clean hands).

• 4 weeks later...

.......I'm looking into this tsuba to maybe buy it. Its unsigned, but attributed to Umetada(?), anyone knowledgable enough to maybe say its a good guess or maybe something else?

I really like the design, it looks so clear and beautiful.

Axel,

I would really like to have Ford's comment on this TSUBA. To me it looks like a new CNC copy of an otherwise nice design. I may be completetly wrong, but the lines of the SUKASHI are not as smoothly cut and filed as I would expect from a traditionally made TSUBA. To my eye, it looks as if some drilled holes have been used to form waves, but maybe it is my lack of experience to judge this way. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..