WTF? Baka na Otanto!

tokashikibob

Gents,

I picked up this wonderful Otanto over the weekend. I really like the feel of this one in hand, much better than a Ka-Bar. The octopus (s) are really first rate work. Super dense hada, is there a name for this?

Two hole mumei nakago, How do you like the inventory system? No more gummy sticky residue with tags!

Any informational comments are most appreciated as always!

Best Regards,

Bob

post-2524-14196943947868_thumb.jpg

post-2524-14196943952942_thumb.jpg

post-2524-14196943957912_thumb.jpg

post-2524-14196943962956_thumb.jpg

post-2524-14196943968026_thumb.jpg

Kraken

Not to derail this threat. But i'm gonna go with you and/or a very groovy barber with a very aesthetically pleasing way of representing himself.

On topic though, its really a shame someone thought it was a good idea to carve roman numerals on the blade..

Kraken

Not to derail this threat. But i'm gonna go with you and/or a very groovy barber with a very aesthetically pleasing way of representing himself.

On topic though, its really a shame someone thought it was a good idea to carve roman numerals on the blade..

Thanks to everybody for the information on this tanto - Kraken, I agree with Stephen it's a dead ringer according to wiki. Pretty cool theme I guess the artist was a Godzilla or Gamera buff.

Shinshinto Muji - Yep, that it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I'm guessing the serial number must be something a soldier thought was a good idea due to the U.S. Army / MacArthur order.

post-2524-14196944304087_thumb.jpg

post-2524-14196944308983_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..