Unknow mark on blade

pelgrim

Looking at the picture reminds me of watching movies in a theater's very front row. It gives me a headache. Can you give us a picture of the entire nakago? I get the impression that the kanji is inlaid and is raised compared to the surface of the nakago, whereas the situation is quite opposite when the kanji is chiseled. It could just be the picture's super-warped perspective. Also, one kanji won't give you enough info to identify the smith. Sometimes, even a full-fledged mei won't pinpoint the smith, either.

Regards,

Hoanh

Robert-Jan,

You need to sign every post please. Add your name in your signature in your profile, then it will sign for you.

It is impossible to know if the tsuba is original to the sword. Fittings were like clothing. They changed with the times and fashions many times. They were considered "dressing" for the sword, and could easly be changed anytime. You will never know if your tsuba is the original one or not.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..