About horimono

Left Dragon skipped leg day ? :laughing:

I would like to see better pictures of both but they already look very different and i dont like the radius of curvature of the left ones body.

Edit: I added a Ruler to the picture to show something else I have noticed.

FBF8C057-8B23-4B7D-B7C1-78753BD08788.jpeg

• Like 3

The left one has "spines" along its back and tail.

Other than that, one is over the shinogi and the other is on *a hira-zukuri blade?* blade without a shinogi. Making me think the proportions might be very different. 

Even if not genuine Nobuhide, it looks decently carved from my novice eye. I imagine it would look nice if the sword were in better polish. 

Looking forward to everyones take!
All the best,
-Sam

Edited by GeorgeLuucas
  • Like 1

I do see all four appendages present on the left-hand dragon, but that one almost hidden appendage only has two claws instead of three which throws off the image.  I agree that the curves overall are more angular and not as flowing and natural as the one on the right.  Also, the curvature of the front section of the body flows into the rear leg instead of the body and is askew from the rear part of the body.  This shows a lack of planning.  While the dragon on the right does have spines, they aren't very uniform and proportionate to where they are located on the dragon, giving it a sort of sloppy appearance even though it as meant as a detail.  Finally, I observe that the snout and lower jaw are better executed on the right-hand dragon in that the snout is longer than the lower jaw and more visible than the left-hand dragon.  The lower jaw is longer than the snout on the left-hand dragon and the snout is hardly visible.  With the head being a major part of the awesomeness of a dragon, the execution of the tiny and misshaped head on the left-hand dragon leaves me dissatisfied and gives me the impression again of bad planning.

horimono.PNG.779de148f80343f0f63caac12189087f.PNG

• Like 1

I can't contain myself...

The thing is that there is Nobuhide horimono's kantei feature connected to how his hamon became at some point softer than the rest of the school.

The funny thing is whether its seen or not here is debatable.

Thanks for replys guys (excepted one totally off topic not to say stupid).

Long, slender legs, scales on the back can be found on dragons made by Nobuhide, but the orientation of the tail is always the same; this is the important point in determining whether a horimono is by Nobuhide or not. 

horimono - Copie.jpg

IMG_20240209_114259_967.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1