SBG seller, has anyone done business with him before?

Hello everyone, https://sbg-sword-fo...orums.net/user/54419 (Ichimonji) has a Hozon wakizashi I have been discussing purchasing. He said he was willing to lower the price with a direct wire but this obviously set off alarms in my head. Just reaching out here on the forum to see if anyone has done business with him in the past and can verify he is an honest and trusted seller.
Thanks guys!

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not joining to find out does he have a website?

He does not have a website as far as I can find. He's been a member since 2021 with around 271 postings, all posts to do with sales and some general conversation about nihonto. 

After looking into it a little deeper, after I found an issue with one of his previous sales, I found that he is actually https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/profile/5962-sunny/ and the only presence I could find from him is a rather negative thread that actually ended in a temporary sale ban. Maybe this was a one-off incident, if so does anyone have any positive things to say about this seller?

Guys a whack job. He blew up on me after I called him out on several blades he bought from komonjo that he re-polished(but said they were professionally done in Japan) and a few "yari" that were actually rifle bayonets that he wouldn't show the nakago on or the stampings of one that that said U.S(Also sold on ebay by komonjo)

No one on SBG seems to give a crap about what he does. He very obviously misleads people. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tensho said:

Guys a whack job. He blew up on me after I called him out on several blades he bought from komonjo that he re-polished(but said they were professionally done in Japan) and a few "yari" that were actually rifle bayonets that he wouldn't show the nakago on or the stampings of one that that said U.S(Also sold on ebay by komonjo)

No one on SBG seems to give a crap about what he does. He very obviously misleads people. 

May I ask who Komonjo is? I see that name/term thrown around every once in a while and it never seems to be in a positive light.

I had some issues with him as well. He got angry because I was requesting additional pics of a wakizashi. Called me all kinds of names and told me to buy a rope and use it. Really nice guy. lol

• Wow 2
  • Sad 2