Iron Tsuba Sale

kyushukairu

'll be moving from Kyushu to Akita in March, so I'm having a bit of a clear out.

I'm parting with a few pieces which no longer fit my collecting interests and to reduce the amount of personal effects to be transported.

*Although I'm currently in Japan, and EMS is the only way to send to UK, Europe, and North America, and costs about 3300 yen (£20),
I'll be returning to the UK next week to sort out some things and will be able to post from the UK to lessen the postage cost. 

As always, a donation will be made to the board for any sales made here.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Thanks Pierce. Yeah, I was offered and accepted a permanent (tenured) position as a professor of philosophy at Akita International University, so we'll be settling there for the foreseeable future. It hasn't been that cold in Oita this year - we had one day of snow, but it has been a very mild winter. Akita will be a different story. Apparently it gets about 10cm of snow and the snow remains until March. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the well-wishes, gents!

Yeah, Brian, it has a very good reputation in Japan, and is one of the most difficult universities to get into, due to the limited number of students and courses being taught entirely in English (the entrance requirements are actually higher than for Tokyo University).

Simon, I only checked for UK and USA, but I assume if EMS goes to UK it will also go to Europe.

• 4 weeks later...

You are not the only one, who is shocked, Kyle! You have some great pieces which are offered at ridiculously low prices. If someone is seriously interested in becoming a tsuba collector, this is now the time to start your collection. Prices have come down for a couple of years now and it may very well be that in a couple of years the market prices for these tsuba listed here will have tripled again.

Honestly, if I myself would not be trying to sell some tsuba at the moment, I would immediately jump at at least two pieces. Good luck, Kyle, and congratulations to the buyers!

Chris

Thank you for the kind words, Chris. I also thought they were very good prices. At sword shows in Japan I’ve never seen a Kanayama tsuba for less that 20万円. If anyone is unsure due to the lack of papers, I’d also be happy to submit them for kanteisho on behalf of the new custodian.

I understand, Bruno. I think customs all over Europe have become more stringent after Brexit and have been worsened with the Russian-Ukraine conflict.

*Akasaka crab and bamboo and Shoami sail boat tsuba now sold*

On 2/25/2023 at 12:43 PM, Kurikata said:

Honestly, i would have been interested by several of them but I am now reluctant to purchase items outside the European Union. Customs are really very painfull and costly these days.

Yes, you are right, customs is a pain in the a.. and in Germany I will have to add 19% VAT to the price and the shipping costs. 

But to be honest: even adding 19% these are very good prices for Kanayama Tsuba and these two are definitely worth it. I already own two Kanayama and I paid way more for each of them. 

And I will buy the Kunichika. 

Peter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..