Yamato no Kami Fujiwara Tadayuki Wakizashi - Tokubetsu Hozon & Koshirae - UK Sale

FZ1

For your consideration, a wakizashi by Yamato no Kami Fujiwara Tadayuki (Hôei era: 1704~1711)

(preferably a UK sale due to potential hassle with UK border force, but will sell outside the UK if the buyer is patient - it took a month to clear last time I exported a sword).

The blade has NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon papers and the koshirae, tsuba and fuchi-kashira all have NTHK-NPO Kanteisho papers. 

I bought it from Pablo (Unique Japan) and there is a video of it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY25ggvrePE&t=2s 

Pablo does a great job of providing excellent photos and info for his swords, so all the info is in the catalogue extract, shared here:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Au0p7phbocIZgekOWoXkWLXc8sfinQ?e=bwZCHP   (If that link doesn't work, email me and I'll send you the 10Mb file).

Alternately, its in Catalogue 36 on Pablo's site here:

https://new.uniquejapan.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Unique-Japan-Sword-Catalogue-36.pdf 

Note: The catalogue is huge at about 125MB, so will take a while to download.  Search for ujwa251 in the catalogue.

It comes with a shirasya, the papers, sword bags and a printed catalogue extract booklet, as supplied by Pablo as part of the original sale.

I'm asking just £2,500 GBP, plus shipping or delivery at cost, for a quick sale.

Cheers,

Jon

ScreenHunter_299 Nov. 21 16.41.jpg

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon

Often on the NMB there are people who have bought swords and then ask if they are real. This shouldn't happen when you see offers like this one

How has this not been snapped up in the UK is beyond me

You think it has everything then there even more

I think I have enough swords but you can't believe how tempting this one is to me

Thanks Grev - Feel free to PM me with an offer! :)

I have offers from non-UK members, but (as per the original post) my experience of exporting is really stressful, hence preferring a UK sale if possible.  The last one I sent sat in UK customs for a month, with UPS being completely unhelpful about updating me.  Fortunately, the buyer was very patient and very understanding, but the horror stories about UK Border Force impounding stuff concern me.

To be fair to those members who have made an offer, I don't want to delay making a decision, but just giving UK-based collectors a final option!

Cheers,

Jon

I'll be honest Alex, the only images I have are Pablo's, so I didn't feel comfortable about reproducing them all here, hence just putting one up and linking to his catalogue.  I have no clue with photography, and his are so much better than anything I could aspire to! :laughing:

Thanks Brian

I'm still wearing a silly grin

Although not proven there is a good chance that all the koshirae are original to the sword especially when looking at the papers (four in total)

Don't possibly get more Ubu than that.

A very good day today as heard this morning that Robert Haynes wants to buy one of my tsuba

I'll also be bidding on a Japanese bronze later in the week

Grev

Edited by kissakai
Extra line added
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..