Yahoooo So Lovely #2

i do equally not think this piece is antique.

Akao school Tsuba generally do show a strong symbolism and coherence to the cut out sukashi motif...

this "point" got seemingly overexaggeratet by this modern "Hyper-Hyper taste" dubious sellers from Japan do hope for.....

not old-

Christian

uck uck yeeehaw, well we had fun there didn't we !!! 

me said 

if you do by hazzard find one ( antique) ?.....please do let me know about immediately....  ;-)

so  any discussion on the one in the book?  was looking to talk about the .....ah forget it.

I like the celestial theme, and thought of one other you might like, though I am sure you have seen it as It belonged to R Turner at one time.  It was a celestial theme, but no stars.  It depicted the sun, moon and a star, called Sankou no Zugura.

post-10-0-76314600-1498222186_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Brian beside it being new i like it as well, i think it would work well on iaido or cutter,( helping with weight) and one wouldn't have to worry about filing to fit...lol

Ed i remember RTs tsuba i pined for it forever  then lost track after Brian took over the board, next time it resurfaced to me it had been sold....cry smile.

and not sure of book, its form auction pix's

in my feeble attempt to communicate  i was wondering what connection in Japanese lore the moon and three stars played thanks for the five star image!

Brian beside it being new i like it as well, i think it would work well on iaido or cutter,( helping with weight) and one wouldn't have to worry about filing to fit...lol

Or you could just wait for someone to buy it..handle it for a few years, add sekigane.....let it rust a bit..and *poof* you have a nice antique and genuine one :glee:

Joking aside, I bet there are far more of these sort of "antiques" around than we would like to know.

But then again...in 100 years they will be legit antiques anyways..

• Like 2

• MORE

130814-Gaherty-Summer-Triangle.jpg
130814-Gaherty-Summer-Triangle.jpg

Lie back on a warm summer night and look straight up. You’ll see three bright stars: Vega, Deneb, and Altair. These mark the corners of the “Summer Triangle” and are your guides to the three constellations of Lyra, Cygnus, and Aquila.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..