What Is The Best Book For Traditional Swords As Far As Photos?

So I'm looking for a good book with some great illustrations much like this book http://m.ebay.com/itm/281201846584?_mwBanner=1the problem is that it seems like alot of the good books are in Japanese and sadly my Japanese is horrible lol what is the best book with some great professional photography in it? I bought Jims Dawson's book for Japanese modern military swords.. Is there a like book for the Edo and old swords? What do you recommend?? Thank you!

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

Not to blow my own horn (and thanks to those who did it for me above) but my site is an excellent place to learn what is available in books.  Scroll through the pages to see what's interesting.  If you find something but it's in Japanese, many of the Japanese books have been indexed in English.  I'm happy to answer questions about the books so feel free.

Cheers,  Grey

• Like 2

The book Paul has a link for above is a really good quality book for eye candy and Paul has done a great job of the translations. Great fold outs of swords at actual size too.

Grey always has great deals and always a pleasure to deal with too. Cheers.

Greg

The three books that come to mind are the two above (Compton's and Nihon no bi) as well as Japanese Swords of the Bizen Tradition by Darcy and Bob Benson.It's a great book but you'd have to decide if just Bizen-to is ok although I'd recommend getting all three :glee:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..