Edo Period Sharpie Pen Cutting Test!

This is just about the funniest thing i have seen in a while posted up on Ebay. It has taken away my ability to "even".  i didnt realize they had gold sharpie pens in the Edo period! He says he cant translate the Kanji of the signature but can read about a body cutting test.  Oh the pain.. . the pain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/edo-ww2-Japanese-samurai-sword-katana-cutting-through-3-human-body-test-/151797104045?hash=item2357cffdad

Kurt k

This sword sold for nearly 4 1/2 thousand grand! What do you guys think ? Do you think the buyer beleived the whole cutting test thing or just typical bidding war price or is it fair? I do see blades made out side of Japan go for double that i suppose. If the gold writing was real wouldnt it be likely to have papers to match? I wonder how many people have been victim to this before.

Greg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..