Question about Nihonto blade

LUIS22

Hello Guys,

I would like your opinion on this blade, as you can see blade has some serious damaged on the area close to the tsuba (it loosks like blood pitting I have seen it on WWII helmets) the polish looks amazing so does the Hamon.COULD THIS BE REAPIRED? Your comments are appreciated

thanks,

KGrHqNqkF9sbiBkBQjdMGtVw60_57.jpg

T2eC16NHJGE9nm3oHpBQjdo0F1w60_57.jpg

T2eC16FHJIE9qSO8IcMBQjdzW2dw60_57.jpg

T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI5bDBQjd67N60_57.jpg

KGrHqNqsFBeEmyNwTBQjdbCU6w60_57.jpg

Speak to a polisher if you're serious. There looks to be more than the corrosion going on here to ask the polisher about, so it will be important to identify all the problems in order to have an idea of what you'll end up with and at what cost. A serious foundation polish requires a truly good polisher, otherwise you'll be wasting your time and money.

Speak to a polisher if you're serious. There looks to be more than the corrosion going on here to ask the polisher about, so it will be important to identify all the problems in order to have an idea of what you'll end up with and at what cost. A serious foundation polish requires a truly good polisher, otherwise you'll be wasting your time and money.

Thanks...I did send an e mail to a well-known polisher in south Florida...waiting for his answer...

That's sad, considering it looks to have been in full, professional polish before the damage.

I fear there is a little too much corrosion there to be saved as is. However always possible to maybe reshape into a wakizashi...maybe with orakaeshi mei? Only a good polisher can tell you.

Brian

One of the best....

http://www.nihontoantiques.com/

There aren't any properly trained polishers in Florida or anywhere else in the continental US outside of California. Properly trained doesn't mean spending a few weeks here or there in Japan. It means 8-10 years of live-in apprenticeship with a similarly trained expert.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..