Problem logging into Private Messages!

Hi all,

The forum was down for a few hours this morning, the hosts said they had to run some tests.

Came up and all seemed fine, but obviosuly some have a problem with pm's now? I have run some diagnostics, and if those with problems could please try and again and post the results.

Also, the board time seems very wrong...although all settings are correct. I am trying to get hold of the hosting support guys, and hoping this isn't causing any problems.

Am working on it though.

Brian

Received and replied.

Timezone thing is still an issue. The forum gets it's time from the server, and they are denying it is wrong. But obviously it is, as everyone can see from the board current time and date (set to UTC-7 right now for testing - Los Angeles)

Anyways...hopefully pm's are working, and I only have to fix the times :)

Brian

This morning I was creating a post with photos and during the third photo upload the screen went blank with a suggestion to try refreshing the page. I did so and a message came up saying danger of posting twice. Now this often happens with this site, so I decided not to push 'refresh' a second time. I re-logged on and went round expecting to see my half post appearing there in the new posts as it usually does. Nothing. Hmmm... Having spent some time writing the post and having lost it, I have now gone back to lick my wounds.

Unfortunately, with databases and SQL, these things happen occasionally. Not much I can do except try and move the hosting to another server, and that comes with further risks. On most of the forums I am on, I have taken to copying my posts before submitting..learned that the hard way too many times.

At least the messaging seems to be fixed, and the date appears to be correct now.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..