you should see this - (fraudulent auctions)

Interesting ebay fraud here; don't think I've seen this one before. The seller has a picture of the real Hidemitsu tachi, which he claims to be selling, and pictures of the Thai fake, which I'm sure the poor sap buyer will end up with.

I reported the sale to ebay; hope they remove it.

Grey

Eugene...you win the wierdest post of the month award :D

Now what type of subject is "you should is this" :?: :D

next time you want to sell a sword Cut a can full of watter with it to show it`s real, just struck me as :lol: ......... whats the prize

Aaahhhh [slapping my forehead], *that* explains everything .. :?:

I'm sometimes painfully aware of not being a native English speaker. Or maybe it has nothing to do with language, and I just entered the Twilight Zone! :badgrin:

besides the head slapping and off topic jokes if you care about doing something about this do as did (see list). go to one of Bangkok Bangers auctions and report him...it could be a sword off your site or your auctions that he hits next. Step up boys.

Brian, Grey, Nigel Stever, Ed,and myself

Add mine, too. I just reported all the swords this seller is listing. I try to do this whenever I come across a questionable listing, but there are so d*mn many I don't know where to draw the line. At one point I was emailing bidders on chinese crap, which quickly becomes a full-time business for about 15 people! Where do others draw said line? There's everything from copied pictures to full listings to simple declarations of antique when it's anything but.

On that note, it'd also be nice if eBay had better fraud reporting options - like being able to give evidence of the fraud (links to the original pics, etc). I can't see how they can do anything with their current system other than set a threshold for how many reports before an item gets yanked. Seems almost useless to me.

Here's how to give ebay evidence, copied site for example. Click on 'report this item', next 'fraudulent listings', and then 'you suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid'. Continue to email ebay and then you will be able to tell them what you know.

As to how far to go to fight the fake sellers, I never email bidders on fakes. I think it's enough to report the scam artists; those who don't have the sense to research what they're bidding on will just have to learn the hard way.

Grey

That's sort of what I've been doing, except on the page to email eBay, it just has a box to enter the item numbers to be reported, with nowhere to put any other info. I have no confidence that anything else put in that box will be used in any way. Do you have information that suggests otherwise?

Thanks,

I spoke with an ebay rep; here's the straight poop on why the listings are still up.

Only the person whose online photos have been stolen can complain about them being stolen. It doesn't make any sense to me but ebay won't stop the sale unless the pictures' owners raise a stink.

On the Hidemitsu sale where the scam artist shows pictures of multiple swords, ebay won't remove the listing because "he isn't required to show pictures of the item he is selling." Once again, makes no sense to me.

Buyer beware.

Grey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..