Sword Smith

Hi all, like many others I am new to this site and in fact collecting Japanese swords.

I have purchased what I believe a nice representation of a Wakizashi. I have been told it comes from a swordsmith by the name of Toshishige there was also a reference to Toshi-Hiro. I think it is the same smith but am getting confused as I cannot find a reference to this smith.

Any info would be helpful.

Cheers

Steven L

I am humbled, exactly right. I spoke to dealer and yes you are spot on. The waki is labelled correctly as a toshishige it is mumie and it was a typo with the labelling of the images toshi-hiro.

I can now just study and enjoy my beautiful new friend, thanks so much.

Steven L

Thanx for the welcome David and Stephen. I thought long and hard before I purchased my first sword. Alot of the credit must go to the dealer whose advise was invaluable and informative thanks John.

The only problem is my appreciation of swords is like a virus! the more I learn the more I want to learn. I suppose thats not a bad thing.

Thanks guys

Steven L

Dubbo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..