Microdear???

9 hours ago, Ooitame said:

Stephen, have you tried/use these?

No I haven't  I don't have need as I don't take my swords out but once a year or so. They remain with a very light film of oil.  The MF I have gets washed often as I use on my glasses. 

From forefinger to thumb spread should be the most needed. 

Anyone got experience on getting the oil out of these? The packaging is in Japanese so any cleaning instructions goes woosh over my head, as mentioned in this thread they're harder to come by so I'd like to treat the couple large blue microdear cloth ones I have with care.

4 hours ago, raynor said:

so I'd like to treat the couple large blue microdear cloth ones I have with care.

We wash them with Arm and Hammer dye free, fragrance free, laundry detergent and have never had any issues in more than a decade of use. It is recommended to hang dry them (beware, dryer sheets as well as soaps can have unwanted chems). 

Regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

You must clean your swords often, going to share where you found a stash?

No stash, just using the best I can for my swords. Due to the high humidity I will clean and oil 3 times a year. I used amazon.co.jp to order these. I oiled them yesterday, will give it some time to sink in and try these. Weird as one time I gave the swords a wipe down and seems they had stabilized rust or something off them grey on different clothes.

P.S. also special occasions and demo I use these as part of the process or for people to examine the blade. Other cloths, microfiber, tissue, etc... allow finger oil to reach the blade.

• Love 1

• 2 months later...