WW2 Japanese sword Kane Fusa

Hi you all I wouldn’t hav posted this but wanted to get hep with the signature and sword I compared this to John slough and for me dosnt match but maybe i am missing something I hav been looking for a navy 

any help would be appreciated 

steve 

44A30F3E-D866-4681-9E3A-D8FA636F6BC6.jpeg

298779EE-CE3E-4559-AA98-8C8007E6C009.jpeg

52ED9B40-BDE0-4630-96DA-4A17EF659AB9.jpeg

5DBD4B3F-E2C3-4F07-BCE5-24D71401EAD6.jpeg

D52F74F5-CC93-43E9-B249-083E701AB8A7.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a blade by this smith many years ago and it had all dragon fittings and very nice horimono of a dragon - sort of sad I sold it now. It did in fact have a showa stamp on it that "someone" had filled in with dark colored wax so I did not see it until I was wiping down the blade with alcohol and it melted. Still a nice sword

Kanefusa 0.jpg

stamp.jpg

Kanefusa.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Flynn said:

Brian,  it looks like it had a stamp removed.

If that comment was for the post I did the stamp was not removed at all as I said - just filled in till i cleaned it out :)  It was a regular forged blade and as far as I could ascertain - water quenched and then at some point well after it was made was given the stamp. Then all the dragon fittings were added to the Koshira and the rest of the mounts - don't know who made them but all iron,

Kashira - Dragon 0 Kanefusa.JPG

Kojiri Saya Dragons head Kanefusa.JPG

Menuki Kanefusa - sheath of arrows.JPG

• Like 1

His swords are usually high end Showato, but not fully traditionally made. At least most I have come across are. And most have an arsenal stamp.
But decent swords. I can't see any reason to fake the signature, and would expect it to be shoshin.

Thanks for your freed back I was concerned of the signature I tried matching to a picture from John slough book 

It didn’t look like it but I’m not as expert so I may be wrong (see pictures ) as comparison 

steve

9BB9C3F3-F67B-4973-9005-623C5CEB058D.jpeg

7E1F1B6E-F4D1-4E10-B7E2-A6C6BDA2FB5C.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve,

Looking at the two examples in Slough's book, there are variations between the two shown. The blade pictured shows even a third variation. Gimei? Maybe, maybe not. As has been said on here many times, buy the blade, not the signature. If the blade, and koshirae, speak to you, then buy it. In just my humble opinion, there is not a great benefit to take a mumei Showato or low to mid-grade gendaito and fake a WWII smith's name. 

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi I thought so too the book and signature don’t match As far as the blade the hamon looks weak nothing spectacular and then I hav to ask my self do I also want to take a chance it’s a gimei Probably best to pass 

But thanks for pointing that out

Any way I hav been spending too much on swords

I need to sell one 

Steve

To me it looks more like Gendaito I don’t see the dark area’s along the hamon It also looks like almost wood grain represents tamahagane ? but I’m no expert

I’ll try another picture if I can get one

Anyone else chime in on this?

steve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..