Shin Katchushie Meikan Question Please

Pete Klein

Only a few Saotome if I remember well

I was following this, as I had the same question as Pete.

In my case, I was looking specifically for Saotome tsuba with earlier style kozuka and kogai ana like the attached one.

Please let me know if there is anything similar.

post-44-0-71886500-1534544987_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete,

as said before, only a few b/w pics (...of bad quality) are shown in the book. In the text, however, you can find "all" the armorers who made tsuba as well. Some entries also mention the way how the smith usually signed his work.

By far the best source on the Saotome is Dr. Orikasa who did a considerable amount of work on their origins and subsequent work, but concentrating on their helmets rather than tsuba. He did produce an English version titled 'Studies on Arms and Armour' if you can find a copy.

Ian Bottomley

By far the best source on the Saotome is Dr. Orikasa who did a considerable amount of work on their origins and subsequent work, but concentrating on their helmets rather than tsuba. He did produce an English version titled 'Studies on Arms and Armour'.

Ian, -thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..