OK Very Nice Blade at a bargain price?

Seems to me this went under the radar.... nice piece in my opinion.... nice price as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Samura ... 1e70b1cc28

What thoughts are there on this as i am intigued that a piece of this apparent quality sliped by unnoticed by any one.

I think some one got a bargain, any opinions??

Ernst

BTW if i had the funds available, i think i would have purchased it. Would i have done badly??

Without doubt a nice blade, wrongly labeled as „Soshu Sadamune“ instead of Hosho Sadamune, accompanied with an origami by Honami Koson.

The seller „komonjo“ Mike Yamaguchi declares to be skeptical on the origami as well to the Sadamune attribution...“but it makes an ideal candidate for shinsa“...“and if it comes back as Sadamune, then you‘ve hit a Jackpot“.

Well he has missed this unique chance to submit it by himself... :shock:

Eric

This has been discussed sooooo many times before. In general, most (many) of the items sold by Mike come out of Japan because they would not get the same papers if submitted again, or are gimei. This is understood my most collectors, and if you ask Mike, he will tell you his feelings on any one of those blades. Not sure if they come from the dealer auctions in Japan, or one dealer...but they are a clearing house of swords that would probably fetch more to us in the West than in Japan. Assume these are gimei, and pay accordingly. As was done with this one.

Mike is a good seller with a good reputation. Anything that has reliable papers or is guaranteed shoshin, will fetch high prices on his actions.

I think it was a fair price paid.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..