- Asian stocks rise after U.S. rally on infrastructure deal
- Shareholders oust Toshiba chairman
- Ugandan team member arriving in Tokyo had Delta virus variant
- Is Japan's quickening vaccine drive in time for Olympics?
- Tokyo reports 562 new coronavirus cases
- Suga insists emperor not worried about Olympics
- Parts of Sydney go into lockdown as Delta COVID-19 variant outbreak grows
- Fire at martial arts school in central China kills 18 people
- New Zealand plans stronger hate speech laws
- Search is on for COVID-19 patient who escaped out a sixth-floor window of Osaka hotel
Single Status Update
- Show previous comments 2 more
Also there is a semi circle, half horseshoe or U decoration is that gold leaf or what?
Sorry for the absence. Just woken up. ‘Ohio’ gozaimasu!
Yes, many Zogan decorations were added after the Bakumatsu and Into Meiji to appeal to Western buyers, unemployed artisans looking for work. Rather than gold you will find silver, copper and Shinchū (brass) were used. I agree that those ones are a bit of a mystery! It has been said that back in the day a military gun should not have any (or strictly minimal) decoration along the barrel.