Patterns on Fuchi and Kashira

sencho

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milt it's only monday evening and your brain is faltering already.... have you been drinking sochu tonight!! he he he....

see my post and link on page 4 of this post which you answered!!! Ha Ha Ha....

Myself it is some 700 JPY sake in a big size cardboard carton.... GREAT!!

Thanks for keeping the post going though.... and keep searching Milt.... next target is 6 pages!

Cheers

Milt it's only monday evening and your brain is faltering already.... have you been drinking sochu tonight!! he he he....

see my post and link on page 4 of this post which you answered!!! Ha Ha Ha....

Cheers

hahhahaaaa, you are right..............must be the Monday effect.

milt THE ronin

here it is by picture... I have been watching this one for a while, Stephen....

The Koshirae already has a long wakazashi in it.

It is a lovely IMO habaki,.... SAYAGATA pattern.... I think it is a modern made one, but I may be wrong..... I wonder if Big Mo knows who made it?

Thanks for the posting the link

Cheers

post-7-1419673738153_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness. I am one that believes the fittings should never overshadow the blade, but that is mind-numbingly beautiful to me :)

I am in love with that habaki. The work is stunning, and contrasts amazingly with the shakudo.

Wow..just wow.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I won't have to go far then Pete if I want that wak!!! Actually the habaki is the one... I want to get one made for my wak whcih is sporting the sayagata/raimon k/f already.... what is the price on something like that I wonder??

Lust??? I was a dribbly mess..... and I am not talking about the shochu Milt!!!

Nice chest by the way! :roll:

Cheers

Hi Pete (neighbor!)

Merry Christmas... hope you're having a relaxing time.... We are in town for a few months now.... I definitely will enquire with Mo about that...

7 pages here we come... the thread that will not go quietly.... much more of this and Brian will lock the bloody thing......

By the way Martin....

that looks awesome.... A full SAYAGATA throughout.... do the rest of the fittings match too and are there any more pictures of it?.. especially the f/k.... what did it go for?.... I am bummed i missed it!!

cheers

Hi Sencho,

the fittings were part of a sword that did not sell at the auction.

Maybe you can still get it if you´re interested. But I don´t really remember the blade...

Anyway, here is the link to the auction (unfortunately no english language available):

http://www.klefisch.com/index.php?page_ ... temid=2550

Cheers,

Martin

much more of this and Brian will lock the bloody thing

Now why would I want to do that? :D

For a change we are actually having a running thread that is fairly on topic and although it diverted a bit from the original post..is informative and interesting. I won't lock it..I'll encourge it! :D

Carry on..and if it stays on topic it won't get locked. ;)

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..