Check out this Yoroi-doshi

Mmmmmmm (brickbat shield up), I would opine its not an armour piercer because it has the wrong shape.  An armour piercer needs to be blunt, like armour-piercing arrowheads, unless one uses the argument that such a shape is used for slipping under the armour scales, in which case it might called an armour slider??!!  However, it does look like an armour piercer that has had Satsuma age done on it.

BaZZa.

Yoroi-doshi were usually used as spikes, Get the point into the armor, & then bash the kashira with the palm of the hand. My Sensei showed just how much force that gave by driving his blade completely through a 3" piece of bamboo. He's 83, so it didn't take a lot of bashing.

• Like 1

Yoroi-doshi were usually used as spikes, Get the point into the armor, & then bash the kashira with the palm of the hand. My Sensei showed just how much force that gave by driving his blade completely through a 3" piece of bamboo. He's 83, so it didn't take a lot of bashing.

That's what I was thinking too. Reminds me of that knife smith who makes modern tantos then shows the durability by punching them through car doors and steel drums

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..