One born every minute

Hmmmmm, Methinks the truth has suffered a cruel stretching in the description and supposed provenance of this item. Although I should be more than used to it by now, I am still amazed by the fact that people will lie through their teeth in order to sell something. How do their consciences bear it?

I looked at a couple that a guy here had and he swore up and down that his grandfather had brought them back from the war. They were very obvious fakes, just like this one. I had a tanto in the car and showed him what the blade workmanship should look like. He agreed that the blades he had were very crude in comparison. I showed him swords just like the one he had on ebay priced next to nothing.

Guido and Stephen are right (at least I hope Stephen is right, I haven't watched the video yet :lol: )

Guys, there are tons of fakes, low class and incorrectly described swords on eBay and elsewhere. Pointing them all out serves no real purpose and just mocks the sellers. While one or 2 warnings can remind newbies, can we minimise these posts unless they have something new or unusual to teach?

Thanks,

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..